CTA trading spreads

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by traderjo, Jul 12, 2017.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Hi I am trying to find
    1) A CTA or equally qualified and regulated in UK or EU who trades Spreads between Index Futures such as ES/YM or ES/ NQ or even spreads like Gold/ SIlver
    2) Other arb/ mean reverting type spreads mentioned in this video

2. lx008

lx008

such strategies are also very popular in China these days

3. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Doesn't the Eurex and LSE give you portfolio based margin?

4. Adam777

Adam777

The spreads in the video? The Eurodollar flys and dflys now look way too tight to day trade, although guys at curveadvisor are doing long term trades. And the pack spreads are lethal even just looking at them on sim ... big risk, small rewards. Bone warned me on a previous thread

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  5. My understanding is that US style CTA either doesn't exist or isn't favourable in UK, Europe. The preferred route for small funds/seeder hedge is to go the 'managed account' route. These guys deal with everything helping individuals starts funds and create track records.

http://linearinvestment.com/

GL

6. Adam777

Adam777

Sorry I didn't see that you're a Chinese broker. It would be great to hear more about these strategies in another thread.

7. just21

just21

Do you want a European prop shop where you can trade your own account or be backed? www.towertradinggroup.com Dublin office are currently looking for experienced remote futures traders. Dan was trading for STA, which got taken over by http://www.marexspectronprotrader.com/ last I heard they had plenty of spare desks in London.

8. traderjo

traderjo

I am looking for training and then using my capital + firms
    1) Any training by so called Props or education sellers sounds dubious and mostly it is about normal directional not specializing in such spreads...
    2) High end prop firm looking for maths /stats qualifications and exp and younger age.. I do not fit any of these!

9. just21

just21

10. traderjo

traderjo

I had a look at the firms website but there is nothing about training as i mentioned above I am looking for training witha regulated firm specializing
    The two firms are perhaps good for those looking for execution/ infrastructure and already know and I have heard about this other person you mention but I am bit weary of education sellers

#10     Jul 13, 2017