CQG Portara

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Eldredge, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

Anyone know anything about CQG's Portara? I have been looking for a source of 1-min. historical data for index futures, and this looks interesting. I called CQG for some info. I spoke with a very polite young man, but he sent me info on Data Factory instead of Portara…

If anyone has any experience with them, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks

2. Yes, I have some experience, gererally good. PM me with any detailed questions.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Eldredge likes this.
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

on open data not on close fyi - hate it.

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks Kevin. I would like to send you a PM. I hate to show my ignorance, but do I do that by starting a "private thread"?

5. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for the input Mark. Did you find the quality of the historical data to be good other than being "on close"? Their videos make it sound like you can choose Open or Close, but I could probably adapt if needed. I am really only in need of accurate historical data for backtesting.

6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

cqg is no love of mine - they are so hard headed as a company it's unreal. we bought some sp data around late 90's and it was "stupid" on open data. we had to parse it but it was clean but not worth what we spent on it.

probably now they have finally listened and i guess by what you say offer a choice - the data accuracy is perfect they are good to go there. but there are literally 1000's of companies that have data now just as great for i bet far less.

Eldredge likes this.
  7. Yes, that will do it.

Portara 1min bar data quality is very good. Expensive, but much better than alternative vendors (at least in my experience).

Eldredge likes this.
  8. Eldredge

Eldredge

I would think that there would be plenty of companies with good index futures historical data, but I have been having real difficulty finding them. The quote I got from CQG Data Factory was over $8,000. I'm glad to hear that it is good data, but I don't know if I can get myself to pay that much... Portara appears to be cheaper, but I am a little confused about what it really is. Anyway, thanks for the input.

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Sign up for esignal classic $50 a month. Use qcollector from www.mechtrading.com to get all the intraday data into CSV files for $129. Cancel esignal. If you keep the esignal classic delayed the CSV files can be kept up to date automatically.

apdxyk and Eldredge like this.
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

op this is your best option QCollector been around forever and works very well. i used it for quote.com decades ago.

i don't know how far back esignal data goes, i have the cqg data i purchased somewhere here up to the 90's if i can find it i would be happy to give it to you but i think it's 1 minute only.

#10     Sep 2, 2018
    Eldredge likes this.