CQG is crap, what's better ? TT ? PATS ? CTS ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rachmaninov, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Dear All,

I have CQG for 3 months now and I feel it's really a bad platform (I was using TWS from IB).
    The negst:
    - Wrong margins on commodities spreads
    - PL/NLV error (sometimes my account is negative or at +200 %)
    - Bad support
    - Bad datas
    - Can't presend an order to a market which is closed
    - Some orders allowed by the exchange are missing (iceberg orders or others)
    - Expensive
    The pos:
    - A lot of possibilities of graphs, options etc.
    - A lot of markets are available

What do you use ? What the +/- of the platform ?

Best,

2. 1245

CTS T4

3. interdim

interdim

Agree CTS T4

4. Hello @Rachmaninov. I work at TT and would happy to discuss our platform. You may create your own demo account by typing "trade.tt" into your browser. It's very easy to create and you'll be working with our production line of code.

Some of the draws include tremendous speed...we offer the fastest commercially available Austospreader, easy to use drag and drop algo development, a Spread Matrix that includes inter-commodity spreads so you may create a tradable spread matrix between perhaps CL on CME and WBS on ICE, aggregation to trade two or more contacts on the same instance of MD Trader, and new to TT, we have an Options Chain and Vol Curve Manager.

http://about.trade.tt/

1245 and Baron like this.
  5. Chubbly

Chubbly

I also had so many problems with CQG that I stopped using it after a month.

I went back to IB with TWS and their draconian margin requirements

6. K-Pia

K-Pia

I am sorry but currently TT is a joke compared to X_trader ...
    After it's up to anyone to try it for free and for an unlimited amount of time.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  7. JNL

JNL

Used CQG for 5 years. Never a problem. Ok once. Server went down. Maybe you have other issues.

8. CBC

CBC

I use CQG trader. Only really good for order-entry. Havn't really had an issue with them.

I do like CTS T4 option chains. Very straight forward, simple and basic. Hope you find som1.

9. 1245

CTS T4 has spent a lot of time and effort on the option offering. IMO, the best for a point and click platform for options on futures. CQG is the best for international access.

10. bone

bone

My experience testing out PATS was a disaster in terms of spread trading... TT and CTS both are good platforms depending upon exactly what capabilities you are wanting and willing to pay for.

Alot of prop trading groups that are doing complex spread strategies use Orc. Big $$$ for Orc.

#10     Jun 13, 2016