Could the Market Blast Upwards This Week?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bear Plunger, Sep 8, 2009.

1. I've been reading a lot of analysts these past few months. Carl Swenlin is the only one who knows what he's talking about. When other people were calling for a downturn, he was the only one who stayed bullish. He still is, but a correction is necessary.

#21     Sep 8, 2009
  2. Still short but feeling sketchy

#22     Sep 8, 2009
  3. Read the article Petsamo - it's pretty good, but comparing to the 29 crash could be completely void - the market isn't the same today as it was then.

And thanks Jym for the chart. I don't feel good buying in at these levels though.

#23     Sep 8, 2009
  4. Yeah? so, are you doing trade with fed?
    Hello, everyone look at him, we got us a such big shot here. :D

#24     Sep 8, 2009
  5. I read his articles many times so I could understand. Regarding a crash, I can't entirely rule it out; I don't know how anyone could, with these unemployment numbers.

#25     Sep 8, 2009
  6. I'm not ruling out what he says either. Anything is possible and it could head straight down. But every sell of day we get don't you guys notice they get very little follow through.

I suspect the hedge funds are short now - does anyone have data? If they start to get skiddish they may scramble to cover...then that insane scenario i'm talking about could happen where it could just run up to the old highs.

I'm not saying this because i'm short - but because everyone's waiting for this so called correction, but it may never come in 2009 or 2010, or if it does it could just be a pullback.

#26     Sep 9, 2009
  7. Guys I'd like you to climb in and give your opinion on if you were short right now, what you would do.

I'm down -3.89% for SEPT as of yesterday. My biggest losing month this yr.

#27     Sep 9, 2009
  8. Yes

Look at what happened to oil.

You can't just say the markets gonna correct for sure 100%

#28     Sep 9, 2009
  9. Jump! -3.89%? You'll never recover. Just jump.

#29     Sep 9, 2009
  10. I think it's going to break out, and bears could scramble.

#30     Sep 10, 2009