Corona Virus - China propaganda to squelch Hong Kong uprising?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kmiklas, Feb 24, 2020.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

I envision Xi Jinping sitting at the bar, pondering how to effectively deal with these insurgents from Hong Kong, drinking a Corona... and the light bulb went on. Epiphany! Eureka!!!
    Has anyone considered the possibility that the Corona virus is a means to squelch the Hong Kong uprising? That China has blown a normal flu season way out of proportion in an effort to control its population?

Personally I trust numbers out of China about as much as I'd trust the drummer to manage the band's finances. Is anyone checking their math?

It's almost too convenient: a new "deadly virus" demands that people stay off the streets, makes crowding dangerous for virus transmission, and generally provides lots of great reasons to keep protests from happening in the name of "public safety."

I can believe that this virus strain has resulted in some deaths... but is it really any different from our annual flu?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/25/hon...itywide-virus-emergency-over-coronavirus.html

https://time.com/5610878/2018-2019-flu-season/

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    d08, Nobert and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    Actually it's much different from flu, kms;
    flu is far more deadly.AS far as most of the deaths in a chicom country, that has a gov one child policy; what could possible go wrong??
    BUT it gets even stranger .PepsiCo buys a Chinese food co for $7o5 million.And China gets one right; 100,000 ducks are along the border, ready to attack/eat locusts. CNBC was wrong also on their old bird flu/fake pandemic prediction also,LOL..............................................................................................................:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

3. Non-sense. The last thing China wants is give companies another reason to diversify production out of China.

kmiklas likes this.
  4. d08

d08

I think China fears rebellion in big cities much more than any economic downturn. A poor China will still have the same people in charge and Chinese really don't protest over economic conditions. Politics are a different thing...

Optionpro007 and kmiklas like this.
  5. kmiklas

kmiklas

+1... this was my thought. Any challenge to the regime shall be dealt with at all costs.

6. d08

d08

Yeah because when most people in the country have seen poverty, they're not terrified of it.