Commodity TRAKRS help

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by qazmax, Jan 5, 2006.

1. qazmax

qazmax

Has anyone traded the CME DJAIG Commodity TRAKRS (SS) future contracts?

How is the liquidity in these contracts?

Thanks for your help & happy new year!!

:)

2. TRAKR

TRAKR

My take is that these are not all that liquid yet. I'm still trying to find a broker that offers all the trakrs. Who are you trading with?

3. qazmax

qazmax

It turns out the liquidity on the Rogers is much better and has a lot more capital making a market on it. It has a relatively smaller weighting in the energy sector which may prove good if energy has a pull back after its big run.

I have not traded these yet, but I have told my broker to get these ready for me and they said they will be ready by next month.

www.preferredtrade.com

I can give you a contact name there if you want more info.

4. TRAKR

TRAKR

Thanks for the reply and lead. I would like to have a contact. I've communicated EXTENSIVELY with online brokers and have yet to find one that offers all the TRAKRS and none that provide the Rogers Index. :)

5. qazmax

qazmax

This person is not customer service, but he can help you get futures listed to trade as long as they are electronicaly traded. I think he is the VP of institutional trading or something like that? Anywhoo.. you will have to have an account before you can request securities added.

Mike: 415-733-2946