Commision Rates

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by fxp125, Feb 21, 2007.

1. fxp125

fxp125

Hi Everyone, I just have a general question.
    I am wondering what type of daily or monthly volume is required to get commisions of .005. Also, do people trading at prop firms get lower then that with 100% payout and if so what type of volume is required. I am a new trader and just trying to get a better picture of the future. Thanks for the help

2. Alegnus

Alegnus

I just started with a prop. Put in $6K. 100% payout.
    Up to 1M shares/month is $.005/share.
    $.0045/share 1-2M/month.
    $.004/share 2-3M/month.

3. fxp125

fxp125

Do they train you, or are you on your own?

4. What firm are you with?

5. don't worry about your commissions...worry about your profitability when your new.

6. Alegnus

Alegnus

Benchmarq.
    No training. I have experience and would suggest you train yourself. There's plenty of free info on the net. Remember, YOU are the biggest factor in trading profits.

Good luck.

7. I agree about the YOU being the biggest factor in trading profits, but.....

Hmmm? I guess the same logic would apply to Doctor's and Lawyers, and all the other professions?? Obviously a rhetorical question. Training, the right training, perhaps from people who will also provide you with a $million to trade with, is primary to developing a successful trading career...and the training/mentoriing never really stops. Whether the training comes from Goldman Sachs or from the Firm you trade with.

Traders need to know what works and what doesn't, and the "stuff on the web" is generally dedicated to small retail traders who, in general, cannot participate in the "lower risk, higher reward" strategies...such as picking stocks or playing direction based on (pick one, TA, fundamentals, etc. etc.)...which is just not going to work.

Obviously biased, but we have some of the best traders on the planet, and I'm very proud of what they have done.

Don

8. trader118

trader118

Out of curiousity, how much in fees do you pay? lets say you have a flat rate of .005 how much should you expect to be paying after all fees are taken into consideration?
    sec fees? exchange fees? taking liquidity adding liquidty?

im paying about .002 extra after fees, that was before the sec reduced its fees recently. how much in fees is usually the norm? anyone that can spread some light on these fees it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

9. fxp125

fxp125

Im at .008 right now, if i take liquidity on ecns its .003 if i add i get rebated .003. Other fees are like 20$ I usually do like 15000-20000 shares. Belx is 1.7 additional and Im at 80% payout ratio. I've only been trading for 4 months so Im not focusing on rates right now. I like where Im at, does this sound like a fair deal or no?

10. DOn I was going to bash you ...but its not worth it... please keep it real... hedge funds and banks have the best traders.

QUOTE]Quote from Don Bright:

I agree about the YOU being the biggest factor in trading profits, but.....

Hmmm? I guess the same logic would apply to Doctor's and Lawyers, and all the other professions?? Obviously a rhetorical question. Training, the right training, perhaps from people who will also provide you with a $million to trade with, is primary to developing a successful trading career...and the training/mentoriing never really stops. Whether the training comes from Goldman Sachs or from the Firm you trade with.

Traders need to know what works and what doesn't, and the "stuff on the web" is generally dedicated to small retail traders who, in general, cannot participate in the "lower risk, higher reward" strategies...such as picking stocks or playing direction based on (pick one, TA, fundamentals, etc. etc.)...which is just not going to work.

Obviously biased, but we have some of the best traders on the planet, and I'm very proud of what they have done.

Don
    [/QUOTE]

#10     Feb 22, 2007