Cmt

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by chicagodon, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Want some opinions on the CMT program. Specifically from people that have or those that are going through it now. I wasn't looking at it for helping get a trading job, just something to take and eventually join the MTA for network connections and their seminars. Do you feel like it enhanced your TA skills? How many hours did it take to study and pass the levels? Do you feel getting it was worth your time and effort? Is it possible for me to attend a MTA event to get a feel for what is discussed without my CMT?

I am a level 3 canidate for the CFA, and have some desire to get my MBA, but feel out of all those scenarios I would enjoy learning more through the CMT so wanted some thought from people who have taken the program, not trolls who wish to talk about how all those things are useless (which might be tough considering the crowd on ET)

2. ctheo1

ctheo1

if you want to take the cmt to "enhance your TA skills" then do it. [i assume you know what you want those skills for] if you're taking the cmt to become a trader, then don't.

do not confuse analysis with trading and trading with making money. think about this hard.

p.s. i started off the cmt some time ago. i passed level 1 and realized that a) i want to be a trader b) good analysts are not necessarily good traders....(in my non expert opinion, most are bad traders)