CME Group announces Bitcoin futures

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, May 3, 2016.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/cf-bitcoin-reference-rate.html

CME Group and Crypto Facilities Ltd. are proud to announce CME CF Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR) and CME CF Bitcoin Real Time Index(RTI), astandardized reference rate and spot price index with independent oversight to help accelerate the professionalization of bitcoin trading and further establish digital assets as a new asset class. Beta testing for both BRR and RTI will begin in mid-September 2016, with expected launch in the fourth quarter of 2016.

2. wartrace

wartrace

Great! Now I can hedge my marijuana purchases off of silk road 3.0!:D

3. You are wrong. The CME did not announce futures. They announced a reference rate. Maybe we should READ the press release before posting.

Zr1Trader likes this.
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are correct. Pekelo is not very good with details. He usually struggles with facts. In this case, his headline was off by a mile.

endicottsteel and RifffRafff like this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

My bad, I guess I got too excited...

6. CBC

CBC

I saw a bitcoin ATM in the CBD. I've never seen1 b4. Quite interesting.

7. speedo

speedo

Yeah and Bigfoot was seen hailing a cab in the Loop.

8. I don't get this move with the blocksize debacle still going on, with the possibility of blocks to fill up , the mempool to backlog, and transactions stuck for an indefinite period. I like ethereum right now as those problems aren't there and it's a lot quicker. Perhaps CMEgroup figures it out in the near future. It's funny to see all the old wall guys who orginally said bitcoin was fairy dust when it actually worked now saying they are investing in it, (now that it's semi broken)

9. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016