CME down for nearly 7 hours?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heispark, Dec 17, 2018.

1. heispark

heispark

2018-12-17_22-20-16.png

It's from my TOS. Was CME really downed nearly for 7 hours? I didn't trade today. Has anyone been affected? It looks quite serious issue but people are so quiet here..... :wtf:
    Does this happen sometimes in Futures market? Now I mostly trade Forex and if such event happens in my Forex broker, I would immediately replace my broker. 7 hours of disconnection is just unacceptable....

IAS_LLC likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

CME had connectivity issues last night but I was told that was resolved.

heispark likes this.
  3. manonfire

manonfire

Interactive brokers was down for over two hours last night. You can see the volume pick up around 8:30 pm est that's about when ib came back up. By looking at the book I could tell it was not just ib.

heispark likes this.
  4. IB was not down, the CME feed to IB was down. Big difference.

wrbtrader likes this.
  5. REDP1800

REDP1800

I made a trade last night and didn't have any issue on my end the charts looked fine too.

6. REDP1800

REDP1800

IF cme was down maybe that is why the markets seem a little more normal today as far as movement..not as many headfakes and actual moves you can hold onto

7. Overnight

Overnight

So you are saying the CME being down for a couple of hours last night might be why the US markets just tested their Feb-Mar lows today? That it is why we had such a strong move in up and then down? If so, then what caused all the other similar moves over the past 2 months when the CME did NOT go down for a couple of hours at night?

See the logic there? Your postulate is flawed.

8. REDP1800

REDP1800

You are the snake that just struck my snakeproof boot and I laughed because you slither onteh ground and I can walk and think and I am warm blooded. I wasn't talking about the swings.. that is the same.. I was talking about the TREND of the day and how long it lasted.both up and down with any type of backfill.. did you notice that. jsut observe a 3 mintue or 1 minute chart an you can see lots and lots of entry points down and up and the market never gave you any heat at all!! Pretty simple stuff.. just means a lot of teh manipulation was turned off and if you look at the volume.. pretty shallow for a day like today. Look for teh market to be GREEN tomorrow. SOLID green on good news and to rally into CHRISTMAS.. this bull is just laying down to let the bears get close and feast.. just kidding about you being a snake!! I didn't have to clarify

9. REDP1800

REDP1800

these might help today and 2 days ago .. today was smoother thats all

10. REDP1800

REDP1800

you tell me which one looks LESS MANIPULATED OR LESS MACHINEY??????????

#10     Dec 17, 2018