CME Direct

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by minmike, Jul 16, 2022.

1. minmike

minmike

Anyone use it? I have been very happy with excel order entry and support. I'm looking to automate some more things.
    Access rest api to submit user defined spreads. Has anyone done this?
    A very rough autospreader to use with markets that don't have it. Anyone?

2. delta_1

delta_1

Stumbled upon this one but don't know if it is any good:
    http://spreadautotrader.com/

Doesn't TT have the capabilities you are looking for? I thought that is their specialty...

3. Databento

Databento Sponsor

CME Direct is actually really good, and we recommend it over any retail click trading tool. Especially if you have to trade options, the free vol tools e.g. QuikStrike are nice. And the data feed is much snappier than most vendors, and correlates and displays queue position of your orders - while most vendors do not. The access permissioning, instrument lookup etc. can take a bit of getting used to.

And if you're working with Mary for support, she's so helpful and a great asset.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Sprout likes this.
  4. CME Direct Access (DMA) need if you have model that need low latency and able invest capital. Best way contact with prop. company. They will able setup server for you, offer 1 usd per round trade fee etc... But they will ask % from profit and all setup costs. And of course you need hire C++ developer who will able redevelop your algo.

Regards,
    Eugene.

5. TT is not direct access platfrom. Best trading platform available for private investor is Rithmic imho

6. minmike

minmike

Thanks all. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I am so sick of TT and CQG they are non starters. Their prices + data feeds + cme autospreader data fees are a non starter. I work with a local FCM. Don't love IB.

I have cobbled together something that works for me. Could always be improved. Other than silly hoops to jump through from CME, I am very happy. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Gambit likes this.
  7. long shot I know, but do you have any experience with AxiomaticAI? they connect a neutral MT5 connection to CQG claiming direct market access. I am unsure if this is CME Direct or not (my guess would be not).

8. Databento

Databento Sponsor

No, unfortunately we don't.

Gambit likes this.