Clocking in before trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by studentofthemarkets, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is going to serve as my timestamp journal for clocking in. It will not have any interesting details. If I have something interesting to say, I will say it in a different journal. The purpose of this thread is to help with developing the habit of being consistently ready for trading each morning.

There is no need for anyone to follow this thread. It will be boring. However, if anyone else has a difficult time with being ready to trade in the morning, maybe all the entries in journal will be encouraging for them by helping them realize that they are not the only ones facing this difficulty, and this journal will stand as proof that it is possible to overcome the difficulties. That is, unless I give up. Then it might be a discouragement to others of like-mindedness. "You'll never know unless you try," so I might as well try. Same goes with trading. I'll never know if I can be a consistently profitable trader unless I try. And that means trying the right way, not whimsically.

New posts will take on this look with absolutely no analysis and absolutely no more thoughts from me. This post was an exception for writing what I'm thinking.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

As I mentioned in your other thread, your punctuality is impressive. 5:25 AM CT every day? Free unlimited coffee must be offered. :)

studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. Thanks. I also need some beautiful but energetic music for staying awake!

4. Overnight

Overnight

You got it babe!

studentofthemarkets likes this.
  5. Perfect, now I'm all set!

Overnight likes this.
  6. TheDawn

TheDawn

You are clocking in at 7:10 PM and that's morning to you? Where are you trading from?

7. Forex Factory:

Red news at 9:00 am CT

Posting this at 5:24 am CT

8. Good morning!

Actually, I was just setting up the thread last night to begin this morning. I live in the Pacific time zone, but I use Central Time for trading.

9. Not a bad idea actually. Routine helps a lot with success

10. TheDawn

TheDawn

So you just get up two hours earlier to trade? You trade the Chicago market?

#10     Aug 2, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.