Clapper again tells us no smoking gun evidence

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by jem, May 29, 2017.

1. jem

jem

The keep marching Clapper out for a reason.
    its either because they already know in the end there will be no evidence against Trump or they hope Trump will slip.

I think its the former. I suspect every time they chase a lead and they find out that Trump did nothing... they march out Clapper to quell the rumor mill.

Otherwise there is no reason for this guy to keep saying the same thing.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...russia-collusion-but-no-smoking-gun-evidence/

While James Clapper said his “dashboard warning light was clearly on” in regards to evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia, the former Director of National Intelligence repeated Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he is yet to see any “smoking gun” evidence.

“[F]rom a theoretical standpoint, I will tell you that my dashboard warning light was clearly on, and I think that was the case with all of us in the intelligence community, very concerned about the nature of these approaches to the Russians,” Clapper told host Chuck Todd. “If you put that in context with everything else we knew the Russians were doing to interfere with the election, and just the historical practices of the Russians, who typically are almost genetically driven to coopt, penetrate, gain favor, whatever, which is a typical Russian technique, so we were concerned.”

He later added, “I have to say, at the time I left, I did not see any smoking gun certitude evidence of collusion. But it certainly was appropriate given all the sign, certainly appropriate and necessary for the FBI to investigate.”

2. jem

jem

Then booker says this so this even though he is not in the house of representatives.

To me this is a future democrat leader making he sure he does not look stupid when they clear trump. Otherwise why would he be saying something so stupid right now.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/05/28/booker-im-not-going-rush-impeachment/

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) commented on Hillary Clinton saying in her commencement speech at Wellesley College that President Donald Trump’s presidency would end in impeachment for obstruction of justice.

Booker praised Clinton’s speech, but said he is not pushing for Trump’s impeachment just yet.

“I just wanted to tell you, I’m not going to rush to impeachment,” Booker stated. “I think we need to deal with this in a very sobered way. This can’t be a relitigation of an election that is now past. This has to be about an objective assessment about the facts that are going on right now.”

3. jem

jem

wait... wait... this explains it... top story on drudge...
    Obama did it too...

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2014-12-31/inside-obamas-secret-outreach-to-russia

President Barack Obama's administration has been working behind the scenes for months to forge a new working relationship with Russia, despite the fact that Russian President Vladimir Putin has shown little interest in repairing relations with Washington or halting his aggression in neighboring Ukraine.

This month, Obama's National Security Council finished an extensive and comprehensive review of U.S policy toward Russia that included dozens of meetings and input from the State Department, Defense Department and several other agencies, according to three senior administration officials. At the end of the sometimes-contentious process, Obama made a decision to continue to look for ways to work with Russia on a host of bilateral and international issues while also offering Putin a way out of the stalemate over the crisis in Ukraine.

“I don’t think that anybody at this point is under the impression that a wholesale reset of our relationship is possible at this time, but we might as well test out what they are actually willing to do,” a senior administration official told me. “Our theory of this all along has been, let's see what’s there. Regardless of the likelihood of success.”

ADVERTISING