Chinese Economist: Yuan Should Be Regional Currency to Rival Dollar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, May 24, 2009.

1. You couldn't pay me to hold Yuan. I'll take gold or the euro anyday over the Yuan. For every dollar the Fed prints, the Chinese will need to print two to continue subsidizing their export economy - and they will.

And on Russia dumping the US - good for us, just another trade partner to hold less political leverage over our dealings. Again, do I care what Russia does? If the US merely decided to go to a nuclear power economy (possible, but not realistic unless it became a necessity), Russia's leverage over the energy markets would be destroyed. This country will devalue at an instant to attain political goals. Foreign investors are of no value to them.

China matters less than we give them credit for. I say weaken the dollar via printing, devaluing their reserves, price them out of our import demand markets, let them dump their assets once and for all, and restimulate local US industry to replace what China had artificially attained via a predatory currency-driven export subsidy - and all will be much better. There is nothing of worthwhile substance in these talks. Trade is a relatively small part of the US economy.

I think once this all plays out, the cathartic run from the dollar will result in the greatest near term buy we've ever seen. I'll put my orders in at 2.00/euro.

2. At 2.0, the German economy will be no more.

3. I agree with you. We have the power to destroy Russia just by going nuclear and China is nothing if we stop buying from them.

4. One view is that China is buying its own production via the US....

So...why stop doing it ....when someone else lowers the cost of doing so....

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5b47c8f8-488c-11de-8870-00144feabdc0.html

Looks like checkmate....

What is interesting is that WMT enters China with the small retail convenience type boxes ....no big boxes....

One questions why give it up to WMT in the big boxes located throughout the world....as well as other big boxes....

All in all....no doubt the battle of the fiats will become more stirred....

5. http://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=wmt

% of the $400+ Billion is what % brokered Chinese product .....?

And how does this number look vs....

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Also interesting is WMT's role in the support of "overseas" manufacturing....

Cannot have both....now can we....?

So the question becomes....

When will WMT start selling mostly US manufactured product on its shelves....?

One might consider a new leading indicator.....the WMT purchasing plan ....as a barometer of a new American manufacturing renaissance taking shape....

And thus the path to a stronger dollar (economy)....which to date is only a catch22 scenario....