China stocks are toppy here

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by detective, Oct 4, 2007.

1. most of those companies have positive PE ratios and are making large profits and revenues.

this isn't the 90's when you had crappy dotcoms that were losing shitloads of cash.

SHort at your peril

#11     Oct 4, 2007
  2. HSI futures up 900 points today :eek: This thing is a freight train.

#12     Oct 5, 2007
  3. So are you trading any of these China stocks? Are you short any, own any puts? Do you put your money where your mouth is?

Or - and that's what I think - are you just another paper trader that dreams of outsmarting the market with his top predictions?

#13     Oct 5, 2007
  4. The bears will blow out their accounts 5 times before they make money shorting these China stocks.

#14     Oct 5, 2007
  5. zdreg

zdreg

a stock can drop only 100 per cent.

#15     Oct 5, 2007
  6. Often a big ipo that was originally filed at $11 and looks to go off today at $37 bid would tell you something. It would signal a top.
    Tricky situation though- all the crap is moving yet this ipo STV of course actually has pretty damn nice story. In a normal market we all could of made out great with this stock. In this mania... all are set up to fail. Jack be nimble jack be quick jack no longer going to make it ... to the olympics! ~ stoney

#16     Oct 5, 2007
  7. Why are they toppy? What Technical Indicators or analysis are you basing this on?
    You are just guessing because you are angry you aren't saavy enough to be making money on these stocks.

#17     Oct 5, 2007
  8. What bear ever needed any technical analysis????

All they need is that special bearish "gut feeling". We all know how reliable that is :p

#18     Oct 5, 2007
  9. makloda for me what is tripping me up is
    after an impressive six-week rally in Hong Kong the day before yesterday I believe the Hang Seng had its largest negative reversal in over nine years. After rising more than 2% intraday, the index sold off in the second half of trading by nearly five percent and finished the day down 2.55%.

This is the third largest negative intraday reversal in the index since 1990 ~

Of course the stocks are still going up over here which I do not understand. The last few days??
    We have this strange situation where Shanghai has been closed for a week. We are maybe closed monday have to double check -- there may be a time vacuum developing which could leave us vulnerable to the big one. Shanghai opens down massively and now we are closed for business.... it's uneven and it has me a bit worried even so I continue to buy these names-- Check Out That CSIQ chart again, talk about potential. ~ stoney

#19     Oct 5, 2007
  10. The top will be in when the d!ck finally throws in the bear towel after watching these stocks run up and the money being made.
    Then they will tank and I will go short.

#20     Oct 5, 2007