China building its first aircraft carrier

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by newguy05, Jun 11, 2011.

1. ttigroup.com owns Milwaukee tool...

They employ 20000 people worldwide with Milwaukee tool predominantly being a sales and marketing operation employing less than 1000.

Milwaukee Electric Tool is headquartered in Milwaukee but research, new product development, manufacturing, manufacturing support and information systems operations are in China.

So Keep on buying that old established American Brand... At least a US based salesman makes a commission but the bulk of the profits and proceeds make it offshore.

#21     Jun 12, 2011
  2. dcvtss

dcvtss

In an age of pilotless drones with global reach aircraft carriers represent the past, not the future. Frankly the chinese would be foolish to commit massive resources into building super carriers but they may still do it for symbolic reasons, like the spectacle they put on for the 2008 olympics.

#22     Jun 12, 2011
  3. the1

the1

I was afraid it was made in China. Both my tools are about 20 years old and they are probably American made, considering the age. The only thing I buy for both is blades and I use them a lot. Simply terrific tools. I wouldn't trade either for anything.

American's do "make" some good things. Look no further than the Corvette. What a mastery in engineering and machinery. Man....I'll cry a river if you tell me that masterpiece is made outside these borders. You can't appreciate what a beautiful machine that is until you drive one. Never owned one but drove many different models.

#23     Jun 12, 2011