China blames U.S for trade frictions, says negotiations currently impossible

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Error Correction Funder, Apr 9, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Well if US backs down, what's there to negotiate? LOL China wins by default.

2. we are making a big mistake china is very intelligent in leading us into trade ditch.

3. Overnight

Overnight

China won this "trade war" many years ago, when products made in the USA, for whatever reason, became more expensive to buy than the same stuff made in China. US consumers are a thrifty lot, and want what they want cheep, fast and now. China can provide those products at the price point US consumers are willing to pay. The USA producers cannot.

It is a very basic premise...Faster, better, cheaper. That is a profitable business model and why we have such a huge negative trade deficit with China. And that business model will not fail until US consumers willingly start to pay more for slower, worse, more expensive.

If a widget made in the USA costs 50% more, takes twice as long to make and lasts half as long, would you buy it compared with something imported from overseas?

Didn't think so. Therein lies the crux of the problem. Anyone remember the "Buy American" campaign from some years back? Why did it not work? Because Americans are lazy workers that can't get it right anymore. Americans have lost their work ethic. They have lost pride in what they do. They just do not care.

I bought a new car, made by Ford, finally solaced in the fact that maybe, just MAYBE, Ford had finally started to make decent cars after their last debacle in the mid 1980s, when it seemed every damned day there was a new recall on every Ford model.

Sure as bright shit, my new car was issued a recall a month after I bought it, for nothing major...Just a part on the steering wheel that could fail and cause a crash. REALLY, FORD?!?!? I gave you THIRTY YEARS to get shit right. So I take a chance on you, finally, and you screw it up again?!??! Don't you people see why US consumers have no faith in "American made" now? Because this bullshit failure of American quality is now a disease. It is a pervasive plague.

The trade deficit with China (and perhaps other Asian countries) will never be resolved in our lifetimes, because we are still sucking at making quality product. Why has this happened? Because we Americans are lazy jerks who unionize and are not held accountable for our action (and inactions). Trump's administration needs to recognize this, and know that the trade deficit we have is the fault of nobody but America. Make America Great Again? Hell, we aren't even back to the level of "America Is Proud", like it had from the end of WW II up until the 1970s. At least back then we could beat our chests and proclaim king of the jungle.

Now? We try to beat anything and our smartphones will break. And we beat hard, because they are all made in Asia and they are supposed to be tough products! Alas, they are cheep!