Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news...ays-it-will-stop-funding-anti-gay-groups?lite

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups

By Ben Popken, NBC News contributor

Chick-fil-A has agreed to stop funding groups with anti-same-sex marriage stances, according to a statement released Wednesday by LGBT advocacy group The Civil Rights Agenda.

Chicago Alderman Joe Moreno, who had blocked the fast-food chain from opening stores in Chicago because of its anti-gay views, likewise announced he would now let Chick-fil-A open up new outlets after he received a letter this morning from the company stating that they would cease donating to the groups.

"Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena," Chick-fil-A wrote in an emailed statement to NBC News. Civil Rights Agenda (CRA) and Moreno's office did not respond to emailed requests.

2. ^chic fil a FAIL.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto, they make a stand only to fold later like cheap lawn chair.
    They have the majority of public support. They should have said fuck Chicago.

4. Homosexual propaganda.

Chicago gave up their fight to block chick-fil-a from their city and they wanted to chalk it up as a win for them. The article says that chick-fil-a's winshape foundation will stop giving money to groups like National organization for marriage, but apparently winshape never gave money to NOM as per their website.

http://www.nomblog.com/28254/

This is obviously an attempt for the alderman to save face with his fag friends.

5. jem

jem

as my 7th graders friends say... that is soo gay.

6. While they might have had that big support day sales might have been going down since then.I'm noticing that most people and companies that gos against the gay lobby loses

7. Wonder how that will work out when we become a muslim country.

hmnnnnn.. I can't recall any protests at mosques over homo's, why is that? There have been a few protests against the catholics.

8. yea man.. fuck chicago. See this is the kind of shit that makes me lose respect for even business. I know you're only in it to make money, but the mess found YOU, defend yourself. pull a Johnathan Vilma and make it mandatory to post signs banning these dickheads like moreno and rahm from your establishments.

9. "Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena,"

----------------------

Sorry it doesn'twork that way. Spineless and gutless respsone. The gay lobby will suck you in make you take a postion (ewe sounds dirty) lmao :D I finish this later.. way later fellas................:cool:

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then in the end we all lose. But at least the bleeding hearts and PC crowd will feel good about it.

#10     Sep 19, 2012