cheaper trades??

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by weld1, Nov 17, 2007.

1. weld1

weld1

looking for a less expensive broker...would like to trade for around 6 bucks per ticket for stocks. anyone know a firm with anything close?

2. Interactive Brokers has a minimum commission of either $1 or 70 cents, depending on which schedule of commissions you choose.

3. weld1

weld1

i have heard so many bad things about them in this site that it scares me:eek:

4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

They have an 80% approval rating according to ET broker ratings. :p

5. Most of the criticism of IB is either false or uninformed or both, and comes from competitors pretending to be customers, or from customers pretending to know something about trading. A small fraction of the criticisms are legitimate criticisms from knowledgeable customers, and represent areas where IB can and should improve, but these imperfections, in my opinion, are outweighed by the positives offered by IB. I don't think you can get a better deal elsewhere.

You do, however, need to have some knowledge about trading in order to take advantage of what IB offers. IB is not set up for newbie traders.

6. weld1

weld1

please expand a little if u don't mind. i've read that they will completely shut down on u!!!

7. weld1

weld1

i used speedtrader before and they were great, good everything i mean it. 7or 8 $ a ticket is too much.:mad:

8. cstfx

cstfx

http://www.sogoinvest.com/Home/Pricing.aspx

It's a division of Genesis Securities.

9. weld1

weld1

this is not a direct access broker is it???:confused:

10. CSTFX: Do you have an account with them?
    Thanks for a reply.

#10     Nov 18, 2007