chatroom

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by zdreg, Sep 9, 2016.

1. zdreg

zdreg

where is the chat room on ET? I am drawing a blank today.

I see now it no longer offered.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Was closed down about 2 weeks ago due to the high rental prices....

3. zdreg

zdreg

sounds like you
    too many robots, no enough live participants was the cause.

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I'm not sure what "too many robots" means. The only automatic posts in the chat room would be when new threads were started.

But yeah, I took it down because of lack of use.

5. zdreg

zdreg

agree, lack of use was a catalyst to move on.

6. Talking, or chatting, about trading...is rather terribly boring and dull.
    I'm only interested in talking about real done trades. and performance. Quick and to the point, bottom line results.

I'd rather talk/chat about Porsche, Ferrari -- women, and 90's movies ...to pass time during the trading day o_O:)
    But sadly it was a rather ghost town. The few ppl there...were rather robot personalities, per se.

7. d08

d08

On days like this, the chat would be great.
    I have no idea why Baron takes the chat down like this, a chat applet doesn't consume much resources, who did it bother?
    Nothing catches on if it doesn't get to be around for a longer time.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think an occasional chat is excellent. Today I have just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a guy I met in a Yahoo group. We discussed the incredibly exciting world of selling options. :)

But the point is there should be a chat even if it is a primitive one. For those who can't wait until Baron changes his mind again, just make up a chatroom, there are plenty of websites where you can do it for free. I have done it in the past....

9. Some chat would be good. I live in a remote area where daytrading is evil . Just the word daytrading sets them off. Actually I live among mind reading nutters that are jealous of their own shadows. The occasional chat with compatible traders would be nice.

10. lol.....fisherman and farmers.....try and talk day trading with those guys.....lol.....i feel your pain.

#10     Sep 25, 2016