Charting software to combine with Bloomberg Terminal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rainbow47, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hi,

I am using a Bloomberg Terminal for trading but I'm not really satisfied with the charting capabilities.

Therefore I am looking for a charting software which uses the Bloomberg API to receive realtime data. I am not so much into technical analysis but my two requirements are Renko charts and proper backtesting capabilites of trading strategies.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

multicharts

3. That is a very weird thing to say. What don't you like about bbg charts? Not enough lines and circles and triangles?

MarkBrown likes this.
  4. I don't use lines, circles and triangles. As I said above, BBG does not offer Renko charts.

5. Thank you for the recommendation Mark.

MarkBrown likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

multicharts has everything and if you get the regular version you can use the millions of freely available easy language coded studies and systems that are out there all over the internet. i could send you 10,000 in one file just to get started.

i bought two of the platforms outright myself, there is no better charting platform.

7. Thank you Mark.

The other software I found which seems ot have a tight integration with Bloomberg is Updata.
    Does anyone have any experience with their software or can even compare it with Multicharts?

8. I bet you don't pay for that license. University or bbg employee spouse? Not that It is my business but did you not get the note, renko charts don't work, nobody who can afford a bbg license would be looking for a renko chart. And backtesting should be completely unrelated to bbg. You cant pull any meaningful data out of a bbg desktop license, the allowances are way too limited. If you want to backtest then search for a proper tool, hint: there hardly are any good ones worth their salt which can be purchased off the shelf. If you are serious about this business then free or cheap gets you nowhere. Hence my saying that it is strange to hear renko, bbg, and backtesting together. Nothing against you personally at all.

apdxyk and zenlot like this.