Charting software offering gradeint backgrounds?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Dart, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Dart

Dart

I used to use QuoteTracker, which has gradient blue to black as the default background setting.

I am so used to doing charts with a nice gradient, that I almost need it to do charting effectively.

An example of what the QuoteTracker gradient looks like:

http://www.optioninvestor.com/oin/i...4bd0535f79e1af99_traderscorner.basics2.01.gif

Unfortunately, QuoteTracker is now tied to AmeriTrade, and is not available to subscribe to anymore unless you have an AmeriTrade account. In addition, it does not work with any currency feeds directly, only through such feed providers as eSignal. Sierra Chart and Ensign actually provide free FXCM feeds included with their software subscription fee, which makes forex data cheap.

What other charting software offers a way to have gradient chart backgrounds? Does yours? What do you currently use?

2. Dart

Dart

Wow, cool. Hi Jerry. When do you think you will this available to use?

Also, what real time data providers will it work with? I'm looking at trading currencies, will it work with a FXCM feed by chance?

3. @Dart,

the beta is available now by request. As for data providers, currently have IB, TD Ameritrade, IQFeed, Yahoo implemented. Will be adding lots of others later.

@FortuneTeller, Chart trading will be implemented after the main trading functionality is done

4. Good to hear you plan on having chart trading with QT.

5. What is the point of gradient background except that it looks nice and destruct from the chart itself, plus it make some lines less visible on one side. Your eyes are attracted to highlighted parts of a chart instead of looking at the entire picture.

For me plain white or plain back background.

dartmus likes this.
  6. If you used the software for 10 years like me you will not want to trade with any other charting program......period

j_medved likes this.
  7. Dart

Dart

I'm sure loving the new Medved Trader. :)

j_medved likes this.
  8. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has gradient theme options. The one closest to that would be the 'Twilight' theme.

#10     Oct 19, 2018