Chart confusion

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by froluis, Sep 9, 2010.

1. froluis

froluis

Hello,

I use amibroker for TA and have access to prorealtime and IB charts.
    I see big difference on the charts because of the way dividends are treated.
    Ex:
    If I look at UnibailRodemco chart on IB I have a strong resistance around 160 same thing with pro realtime but with amibroker /Yahoo data this level is at 150 so 10 points below.

With Yahoo data the price is already well above this resistance while on IB and prorealtime still below...(see chart attached)

I would like to know which charts the more experienced are using as I am very confused now about level of support/resistance.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. froluis

froluis

Forget the above post, it is a probleme with amiquote downloading wrong datas

3. froluis

froluis

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You now one of many variables why traders using the exact same method, trading the exact same trading instrument on the exact same time frame will see something different just because of the difference in data vendors.

By the way, most experience traders aren't using the charts you're using...retail or professional. Simply, don't worry about it but if you need to worry about it...use the one that gets the highest page rank on Google (as in popularity). :cool:

Mark

5. froluis

froluis

So which data vendor would you recommand for retail traders and why?

Thanks

6. froluis

froluis

"By the way, most experience traders aren't using the charts you're using...retail or professional"

I think Interactive brokers /Amibroker and prorealtime are widely use by retail traders no?