chart colors best for your eyes?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elit, Sep 22, 2006.

1. elit

elit

Hi, what background colors do you use for your charts?

Is there any research on what colors are best for your eyes, for not getting headaches while staring at the screen and so on?

2. There was a thread on this somewhere, gawd knows what you might search for to find it.

I like a black background/neon arrangement, but if i recall the science suggested a beige color, as being least strenuous on the peepers.

3. erToo

erToo

After trying many combinations, that's what I ended up using - a very light beige background with red/green candlesticks. Text in black, grid in light grey.

4. Eye surgeon scolded me for a dark background and light colored bars. I now use a light beige background, navy blue bars & black text. Doctor recommended . . . lol

I found my focus and concentration was better too. My eyes didn't strain and tire as much either.

5. Prof, how long per day did you look at charts?
    If theres anything missing from all of this, is the effect of screen change flickering between charts, i dont know that was addressed in the previous thread.

The scrolling up and down, zoom in zoom out, that cant be good , beige background or otherwise.

6. Truff

Truff

LIGHT GREY BACKGROUND WITH BLACK TEXT WORKS GREAT FOR ME. uSED TO USE BLACK BACKGROUND, WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

7. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Light beige is the way most Computer Aided Design (CAD) manufacturers are setting their default backgrounds.

They claim that light beige is the easiest on the eyes. I'm not sure how they test it, but its best to play aound with several different colors till you get the one that you like.

I actually prefer a light blue background.

RGB settings are:

Red: 120.0
    Green: 168.0
    Blue: 224.0

Try this for light beige:

Red: 227.0
    Green: 225.0
    Blue: 213.0

8. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

background = tangerine
    price bars = cyan
    text = fuscia
    quote window = chartruese

9. gnome

gnome

Yup. That's what I use, too. It's the best!

#10     Sep 22, 2006