Charles Cottle baby butterflies

Discussion in 'Options' started by emulimu, Jun 18, 2019.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

He made an elementary point (actually, three of them), and you missed 'em.

#21     Jun 20, 2019
    .sigma, NQurious and El OchoCinco like this.
  2. Sorryto burst your bubbles but trading gets boring after doing for 20 years. Most of you have never traded at a high level for long periods of time so you are still glazing your knuckles over the thought of being a full time trader. It is reality that sets in after you blow an account or have a losing year (most of you will lie that it never happened to you but that is BS). The rich people are the ones running the business making commissions of your tick phucks.

#22     Jun 20, 2019
    .sigma, drmark27 and NQurious like this.
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

He actually made my point but you missed that.

#23     Jun 20, 2019
  4. NQurious

NQurious

Your reading comprehension skills are nonexistent

#24     Jun 20, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. This was your comment, and it was stated that Cottle was a floor trader and market maker for many years and was also involved in the creation of the trading platform for Thinkorswim.

Your comment claims he does high probability and limtied risk, no one said he does, you did. So you are believing your own logorrhea. he is not an option teacher, he is an experienced option trader that put his ideas into a book and does mentoring but his money was made many years ago as a real trader.

Funny watching you in front of everyone try and put that down because oh...he wrote a book so he must not be successful haha. I guarantee more people here know Cottle than you.

#25     Jun 20, 2019
    tommcginnis and NQurious like this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

I work a lot harder as a full time trader than when I had my day job. :banghead:

#26     Jun 21, 2019
    EdgeHunter likes this.
  7. drmark27

drmark27

I've seen Cottle give a handful of free marketing webinars and when he speaks he sounds just like a lot of others out there who give free marketing webinars to sell trader education, mentoring, etc.

Was Cottle successful as a MM or floor trader? I don't know. I never saw his tax returns or brokerage statements. I doubt anyone else has either--for him or for any of the other "gurus" out there.

Cottle calls himself the "Risk Doctor," which is just as arrogant a marketing title as the others. In my eyes, this doesn't boost his credibility any.

Tom Sosnoff was involved in the creation of TOS and people have plenty of negative things to say about him. By the transitive property of equality, this doesn't boost Cottle's credibility any.

If someone does know something and can teach others to make money then I think s/he deserves to be paid. The critical question is how do you distinguish those that can (and have) from those that can't (and haven't)? It's very, very difficult. There's a thread here on ET that discusses many of the known frauds.

#27     Jun 21, 2019
    DTB2 and Aged Learner like this.
  8. Ok I have posted real trades every flippin' week. Nobody cares as retail traders are mostly lazy. http://optionsinvesting.co.uk/trade-137-week-ending-21june/
    We cannot know the OTC trades but options are the prime movers of markets. I only know the UK but if I was in the US I'd be seriously rich-those guys have everything -all I have is 15 minute delayed prices,and expensive commissions. Cottle is a smart cookie of course but I know there are funds trading options that do not shout about their profits. all you hear is the bleating of the long only funds who get trashed when the money printing stops. Luck is not to be confused with ability and the markets have had QE generated luck for a long time now. I cannot give away my offer of mentoring-despite 20 years of actual trading. Money, like debt, is more taboo than sex in the UK.

#28     Jun 23, 2019
    ffs1001 likes this.
  9. DTB2

DTB2

Yeah? So?

Doesn't meant he can trade electronically without the advantage of huge bid/ask spreads and literally non exhaustible funds. Does it?

#29     Jun 23, 2019
  10. jamesbp

jamesbp

Any reason you don't trade options in the USA
    ... if is so much more advantageous than trading options in the UK ?

#30     Jun 23, 2019