Centerpoint Securities vs Cobra Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by QP18, Feb 23, 2019.

1. QP18

QP18

I am trying to open an account with one of these two.

Can anyone compare these two brokers for their short locate availability and fees?

If you have an experience with any of them, could someone recommend one for Short Selling?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Cobra is an Introducing Broker to Wedbush - same as Lightspeed - so the same ETB list and locates list. In addition, we offer third party locates which have a fee, but very popular.
    https://files.brokercheck.finra.org/firm/firm_132078.pdf
    Centerpoint Securities introduce to a number of clearing broker including Wedbush.

Good luck determining which is "better". Is that your only criteria?

3. reikreik

reikreik

Does Cobra only introduce to Wedbush or do they also introduce to others including Interactive Brokers.

Robert do you know if Wedbush handles managed accounts? multiple managed accounts?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

As we are the broker on our accounts, it would be up to us to manage SMA. Yes, we can. All our software can be enabled for multiple accounts with a pull-down.

5. reikreik

reikreik

Thank you. Im gathering some data for another trader. Hes in contact with Cobra and others gathering data.

Do the persons in each SMA - suppose there are 5 accounts, 5 investors - do each need to be accredited? Are there any important issues/disclosures/etc if they are or arent.

Thank you for any general information.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'd prefer to discuss this over the phone with the person interested.

7. reikreik

reikreik

Okay - Ill forward him your name and number - might be a few days as hes still gather data and pricing and such from several places.

Thank you Robert.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I understand. When there might be a legal issue, I'd rather not post a general statement that might not apply to all.