Cell selection in LibreOffice vs Excel

Discussion in 'App Development' started by blueraincap, Sep 15, 2022.

1. We all do when entering a formula in Excel, in D1 we type = and use up/down/left/right arrows to go to say A1, +, then left arrow twice to B1, so we have =A1+B1. Because the cell selection starts from the active cell (the one where formula is being entered, ie D1).

In LibreOffice, the cell selection starts from the last selected cell, so in D1, I enter =, go to A1 and +, then I use right arrow to reach B1 because cell selection starts from A1 rather than D1.

I am used to the Excel way. How can I make it work like Excel?

2. You have a luxory problem :)
    I always enter the range myself via the keyboard, instead of trying to select and pick with the mouse (or via the cursor keys)... :)

3. Thanks for this interesting information!

4. Unlike generic off-the-shelf software https://mlsdev.com/blog/outsourced-it-services-guide, custom software allows for unlimited changes. Customized software development also ensures better customer support. Further, it allows companies to make decisions about the way they use their software and what features they want to incorporate. This makes it possible for them to grow their businesses.