CBOT membership price

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraDaToR, Jan 9, 2015.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

With recent fee increase on CBOT products, notably for IIP firms, I will perhaps buy a full membership. I have cash on the side and the price is just a few years of fee rebates at my current volume. And my volume will most likely increase with member rates...

The problem is that it seems the demand is high now with the fee increases and the price is going up...305 K last sale. What do you think? Is it the beginning of a "structural" higher price era or just a momentary hype? Should I hurry to buy or wait until later in the year?

Thanks.

2. Have you tried plotting the OHLC of the historical seat price and analyzing
    the price to price relationship ? Is there a long signal in there
    ;)

3. cbotmembership.jpg

HH, HL

LONG

4. FSU

FSU

The fulls are leasing for about $1,000 a month. Would that be an option for you?

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

The thing is I have cash on the side and you get lower fees when you buy. At my current volume, I only save half as much per month if I lease( if you take the rent into account ). Plus buying would be advantageous tax wise according to my accountant( I live in Switzerland ).

6. just21

just21

7. FSU

FSU

What products do you trade, Tradator? Would you need to buy a Full?

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

CBOT grains mainly. So yes I guess full is the only option.

9. FSU

FSU

Well, if you are trading more the grain options, a COM would work. But yes if mainly futures you would need a Full.

10. just21

just21

#10     Jan 10, 2015