CBO: Real Unemployment Rate 15%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 16, 2012.

1. #21     Feb 17, 2012
  2. Maybe not everyone follows it as closely as you. Why do you care so much that he's posted the latest numbers?

#22     Feb 17, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hi, MG. Welcome to the P+R forum.

This data is not new, as you have so eloquently pointed out. The reason this has to be pointed out (as always) in this forum is that you've got folks like Ricter who drink the kool-aid and believe headline numbers. A few months back I had to explain the U6 to him and AK-47 (who is another one claiming the headline number is the truth).

So while I agree that pspr posts a lot of stuff that I go "wtf" to, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one and you have to understand the context.

But don't worry, no Fed (or other Central Bank) member was harmed in the posting of this material, so you can relax.

#23     Feb 17, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're a fool if this is what you think the motivation in trying to see through the bullshit is because we choose to stay at the bottom. We post this information because the SOLUTION we believe in is to do things differently. And until we do, the only way the numbers will get better is if the spin makes them appear to.

#24     Feb 17, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#25     Feb 17, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

You don't think the markets wait with bated breath for new government data every month? Your argument is nonsense.

#26     Feb 17, 2012
  7. No, PSPR gave the latest numbers and his OP "eloquently pointed out" the trend of the headline number since Feb 2009 (and a lot more for anyone who chose to read it).

#27     Feb 17, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I never suggested otherwise. My response was to MG, not pspr. Save your venom for Max.

#28     Feb 17, 2012
  9. And MG is trolling this thread, not "eloquently pointing out" anything. Save your bullshit for someone else.

#29     Feb 17, 2012
  10. It's simple... Would you like me to explain?

#30     Feb 17, 2012