Home > Community Lounge > Chit Chat > cars that i owned

cars that i owned

1. toyota soarer 430
    peugeot 308cc
    peugeot rcz

2. Honda Civic

3. [​IMG]

I had a 47 chevy pretty much started out like this one. Fixed it up then sold it. Not my forte, just bought it on a lark. something to do while I drank beer. My dad cracked up when he saw it, from his generation. Not going to pick up chicks in that, no matter how shiny the paint.

4. 69' Chevy Impala
    79' Chevy Chevette
    85'(?) Jeep Cherokee
    91'(?) Jeep Wrangler
    80'-85'(don't remember)Porsche 924
    99' Jeep Wrangler

5. [​IMG](anyone know why the picture doesn't show directly in the post?)

This was probably my favorite. '99 Impreza had over 500whp - real fun to drive. Also had an '01 Impreza, an '02 from Japan, a '96 Legacy...and a 91 Jetta I got for free:D

...haven't owned a car in years and miss it.

6. What a lineup of junk. Only name there worth a crap is "Porsche" and you even managed to faak that up (924, pffft)

7. no clue

[​IMG]

8. Rabbit GTI
    Toyota Celica
    Taurus (salesman days car)
    Cavalier(Amazingly enough the best car repair bill wise. Only time I had it in was under warranty for a plug missing in the a/c system from the factory. Had 110,000 when I got rid of it.)
    Corolla
    '00 Windstar(Almost killed me. Got recall notice for a possibility of a part breaking in the front end causing loss of control. The notice came 1 month after the part cracked and sent me into a ditch. I was lucky enough to have just turned out of a driveway so was going 10-15 miles per hour. Tons of recalls, and problems over the course of 12 years and 122,000 miles)
    '08 Accord Coupe(wifes actually)
    Honda Odyssey
    '08 Triumph Sprint ST(two wheels)

9. am i correct that Toyota didnt sell the Soarer line outside of japan? it is the pre-lexus line, it was cheap and is still my favoriate car.

10. In order of acquisition:

98 Ford Mustang GT (nearly stock) - 50,000 miles seat time
    97 Dodge Viper GTS (basic power upgrades) - 40,000! miles of seat time
    2004 Honda S2000 (nearly stock) - 60,000 miles of seat time
    2007 BMW 335i (modded to hell) - 50,000 miles of seat time
    2006 BMW M Roadster (stock) - 10,000 miles of seat time
    2009 Corvette Z06 (nearly stock) - 38,000 miles of seat time

It is a terrible habit (I'd say coke and hookers might be cheaper if indulged in only occasionally...), and thankfully I have so far not bought anything super exotic (the most expensive one to maintain is, somewhat surprisingly, the one with the M badge...)

I keep looking at Ferrari 355 Berlinettas and GTSs (6 speed manual of course, no F1), but I still have a shred of sense left regarding operating costs (the purchase is simply a down payment on this car...), but I believe their values are "reasonable" in terms of depreciation costs now.

Fastest most insanely capable car on the list (by a country mile too): Z06.

Most fun to drive (most involving, most adrenaline, most likely to kill you): Gen II Viper.

Car I don't own, but would likely part with soul and or various body parts for: Ferrari F40

11. LOL

Now that's what I'm talking about! Now tell us about your homes!

You know how to live!

12. first Car: 1967 Pontiac Bonneville
    Then:
    1973 Volkswagen Beetle
    1982 Volvo 240 Wagon
    1972 Volvo P1800ES
    1987 Mercedes Benz 300D

Now: 1998 GMC 1500 SLE

13. Nothing wild on the home front here at the moment, just a normal 3 bed / 3 bath here is south orange county (should sell it and buy the F40, and have some operating change left over lol).

I'd love to get a second place in Europe in a south central location (French/Italian Riviera, Monaco, Switzerland) for easy touring/vacationing purposes, so here is one vote for continued euro problems that bring the exchange rate under par :D

14. had that car (300e), loved that damn thing! BUT, if you're going to own something like that you have to know how to work on it. its just not worth paying for endless repairs..

i feel like old school benz driving not the different than current.

15. I really like my Jeep Wrangler, it fits me to a tee. But the mileage sucks so this is likely my next car.

[​IMG]

16. That top of the line Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is a real head turner. Great interior as well...but crappy gas mileage like just about all SUV's.

17. I'm sure we were all proud of our first cars, whatever they may have been. But you have to admit that the '40s pretty much had the ugliest cars in automobile history. That is one butt ugly car.

Cars from the '30s had a cool vintage look. The fin cars of the '50s and early '60s looked foolishly silly in retrospect, but they weren't specifically ugly in the main. The '40s, however, are best forgotten. :D

My first car was a 1972 Toyota Celica, the first year they came out. Bought it in 1976 after finishing high school with money saved from summer jobs.

18. Capitalism? You sorry SOB!

19. '72 MG Midget

[​IMG]

'85 Fiero 6-cyl

[​IMG]

'76 Bug, Fuel Injected

[​IMG]

Probably should have kept all those clunkers. I think they are worth more than I paid for them, now...

20. I don't know about the Fiero, but the other two should have been keepers.

21. Cool thread lol. :)

Every car I've ever owned:

1973 Pontiac Trans Am, 455 HO

1972 Chevrolet Vega GT modded with 350 V8, TH 350 trans, 12-bolt Posi

1959 Chevrolet Apache stepside pickup, 6 cyl

1956 Ford Fairlane 2-dr Club Sedan modded with 428 Super Cobrajet, 10-bolt Toploader 4-speed :D

1972 Porsche 914, factory 4 cyl

1973 Lotus Europa Twincam Special

1979 Chevrolet Corvette

1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible, modded with 1835cc bus engine

1987 Volkswagen Jetta

1987 Acura Legend

1987 Porsche Carrera

1970 Porsche 914-6 GT, ran in Le Mans 1970

2001 Ford F-250 Lariat Crewcab with 7.3 liter Powerstroke Diesel

2009 Ford Shelby GT-500 Convertible

[​IMG]

2012 Ford Focus

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. The Fiero with the V-6 was actually a good strong car and pretty rare. Totally different creature than the 4-cyl version.

23. Wow, I didn't mean to kill this thread.

My philosophy has been that life is simply too short to drive a Toyota Celica. I've always believed that a person could buy used and get an exciting car for the same or less money that they would spend on a new car.

That changed for me as I got older and there were so many fast cars being produced so nowdays I just buy them new but I try to buy value, cars that don't massively depreciate. That list of cars I've owned represents discipline. What you don't see is all of the Ferrari and Lamborghini cars that I didn't purchase.

When you look under the front-end of a Ferrari you don't see a single Zerk fitting (grease nipple) which means the steering and suspension mechanisms aren't intended to be serviced or to last very long. Same with the Lamborghinis. Look under a Porsche and you see lots of Zerk fittings and the steering and suspension is designed to be serviced and to last forever.

I've tried occasionally to drive an economy car but I nearly died from sheer dullness. In another decade or two we'll probably all be driving glorified golfcarts anyway.

I hope this thread will revive and I would love to see what other members own, drive or simply worship in the privacy of their garage. :D

24. lexus SC