Capital Market Labs options scanner/ Back tester

Discussion in 'Options' started by traderjo, Sep 3, 2018.

1. traderjo

traderjo

Has anybody used this Option scanning tool?
    Good bad ugly?

2. yudejavu

yudejavu

Excellent, if you ask me. I've been using it for several months. It cannot be used to scan options (for certain IV&HV relationships, etc.). But you can scan stock that fit for certain options strategies, which is the advanced, quant approach to trading options. The only problem is that you have to stay subscribed even if there are no strategies left to be tested .)
    Anyhow, It's worth a try.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It would be useful for you when you want to run your credit spread strategy, your pre-earnings vol inflation strategy, your post earnings vol crush strategy, and your iron condo strategy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2018
    sle likes this.
  4. sle

sle

Does it improve both the win rate and return on capital all the way to 80%?

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Yes! It will tell you what adjustments to make if your options go in the money!

6. traderjo

traderjo

How? are there any examples? so if your soled vertical spread is in trouble or a 1 leg of a an IC is in trouble...I thought it was only for selecting stock to play option strategy on

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Capital Market Labs is more of a option strategy back tester than an option scanner for looking for trade opportunities if certain relationship happens. LVX has that but not the back testing. An example would be: I trade tech stocks. If I get long with a ATM vertical call spread two weeks before earnings and exit before earnings, which symbols would have made money over the last 2 years. This is very helpful if you wanted to do that in XYZ and it lost money 80% of the time, it would save you money to avoid that. And, if another symbol made money 80% of the time, you would focus on that one.

8. destriero

destriero

C'mon Robert... Ophir's recos on here are atrocious.