Capital Available for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mickson, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickson

mickson

You have a rank and position on the leaderboard.

#31     Nov 15, 2012
  2. mickson

mickson

Let's be clear that we are given admin rights not trading rights.

We are governed by the fiduciary duties imposed on a licensed financial services company by the regulator in Australia.

#32     Nov 15, 2012
  3. Stok

Stok

So, when I try to look at the performance of some of the guys, it says not authorized.

#33     Nov 15, 2012
  4. mickson

mickson

In this case the trader in his privacy settings has only allowed certain groups of people to view their account or not allowed anyone to view details.

If you think there is a specific error, please just contact us via info@rapacapintro.com or support@rapacapintro.com

#34     Nov 15, 2012
  5. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Okay.... so two questions come to mind,

(1) what is your relationship with the trader? (for example is a trader your 'customer')? Because fiduciary duty is very much dependent on the type of relationship.

(2) I'm not familiar with the sec reg in Australia - so please excuse if this is a silly question - but what are the licenses you posses in order to operate in Australia?

#35     Nov 15, 2012
  6. mickson

mickson

I will answer your second question, I will need to research the first one and respond accordingly.

Gleneagle Securities (Aust) Pty Ltd - ABN 58 136 930 526 AFSL 337985 has a full broking, custodian, etc license with ASIC. The regulator in Australia ASIC, is the SEC on steroids. RAPA is currently awaiting its corporate authorised rep no from ASIC as an authorised representative of its responsible entity license.

The trader will enter into a trading agreement with Gleneagle.

#36     Nov 15, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Really appreciate your response. As I was writing my post to you, I realized that I'm at a complete loss to come up with a word to characterize the relationship between you and the trader. I think it's important for everyone to know what this relationship is.

And a follow up - what's the relationship between RAPA and Gleneagle Securities?

#37     Nov 15, 2012
  8. mickson

mickson

Gleneagle is a large shareholder in RAPA (PTY) LTD ACN 156 366 013

#38     Nov 15, 2012
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Got it - still trying to understand how this all works though - so a trader signs an agreement with one of RAPA's owners.... (1) does the trader have a relationship with RAPA? (2) And what is the nature of the trader's relationship with Gleneagle? A brokerage customer, or something else completely?

Thanks for the quick replies.

#39     Nov 15, 2012
  10. mickson

mickson

The trader when entering the mandate to manage funds on behalf of Gleneagle will simulatenously agree to share half their fees earned with RAPA, the trader simply has a mandate to trade a particular managed account.

#40     Nov 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.