Capital Available for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mickson, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickson

mickson

That is your choice. Not sure people are disciplined enough to update their account every day. We have been up one week and our leaderboard is already days behind.

My hedge fund is administered by Apex they have administration rights to my account, I don't have a problem with it. The admin rights will only be put in place when we have more of a track record, but it is a reality if we want to keep the leaderboard dynamic.

#21     Nov 14, 2012
  2. Xtreme

Xtreme

Looks great, good website and idea.

#22     Nov 14, 2012
  3. mickson

mickson

There are numerous factors taken into account, such as your account size, your length of track record, the way your recent trading is deviating from your historic track record, but most importantly it is measuring your risk adjusted returns.

We have done large scale statistical analysis off major CTA databases to help us fine tune our algorithm, we will no doubt tweak it as we find supporting evidence.

All you need to do is focus on producing are the best risk reward trades you or your system are capable of doing.

I will give you a clue as a BONUS. There is a very small % allocation towards communication of your strategy and research via your Wall. The more you are able to display or write how you go about making your profits the better this score is likely to be (it makes up less than 5%)

#23     Nov 15, 2012
  4. Cmoss

Cmoss

This is a very interesting concept, almost like the traders are on a "test run"

#24     Nov 15, 2012
  5. Can't upload the XML file
    Get the message: incorrect account.

#25     Nov 15, 2012
  6. RAPA,

I do not want my name to be public on a website, is there a way to use a username ?

Do only the best scores traders get capital even if you meet the minimum requirements in terms of risk/reward ?

Regards.

#26     Nov 15, 2012
  7. Sorry. File is uploaded.
    What happens now?

#27     Nov 15, 2012
  8. Social media and hedge funds simply are a bad mix. If you think regulation is bad now, just wait. Be extremely cautious if you have ambitions to be more than a "prop trader" when dealing with social media fund combos. Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

surf

#28     Nov 15, 2012
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Fair enough... so what do you believe to be your fiduciary duties to traders who give you access to their accounts?

#29     Nov 15, 2012
  10. mickson

mickson

We will be adding that to the privacy settings that names can be hidden.

Capital is allocated on the terms each capital provider brings to the table. We have Gleneagle and another investor who is being led by Gleneagle who have allocated $1.2m for the top 5 investors on the leaderboard.

We have had interest from visitors to the site to be able to invest in "stars" they identify. As soon as we sign anyone up as an investor we will let the community know.

#30     Nov 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.