Capital Available for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mickson, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why would a successful trader come to you rather go to a prop firm? If it is all about establishing a track record, you can also do that via prop and similar to what you offer, one doesn't have to find all the investment capital by themselves.

#11     Nov 14, 2012
  2. Jgills

Jgills

just thinking off hand, but what if the successful trader also works a job (has a salary) and trades on the side, but is trying to make it a full time thing, but does not yet have the capital to do so.

#12     Nov 14, 2012
  3. mickson

mickson

If your full time job is trading and you are not allowed to trade a PA account and you are not allowed to post your firms trading results under your name then you are probably "stuck".

We are interested in people who are trading an account over which they have control and can demonstrate a high degree of skill. We are not precluding people because they only have $10k with which they are trading, as one can still display these attributes with this size account.

#13     Nov 14, 2012
  4. minmike

minmike

Is the 50-50 split on money Rapa brings to the fund or the whole fund?

Mike

#14     Nov 14, 2012
  5. mickson

mickson

If working for a prop firm is your desire then there isn't necessary an appeal for a RAPA solution.

However, traders / fund managers are always looking for more money. I am currently trading $2.7m across all my strategies and please believe me I would like more. I have a family to feed :D

For traders like me, who are happy running their own show and comfortable with their office setup, the attraction of tapping into some "remote" trading capital is quite appealing. What I mean by remote is that my new investor through RAPA could be located anywhere in the world, I don't have to relocate and uproot my family, I also don't have to give up Bondi beach or my daily commute via a ferry in the Sydney harbour. I don't have to listen to office politics other than the ones that currently surround me.

This solution is about as clinical as one can get. I produce good numbers I attract capital. I am the king of my castle. I fail and then I suffer the consequences. This is the ultimate meritocracy.

We are looking for people who cut through all the BS and deliver, and most importantly view their trading skills as their business. There is no leverage here off fancy degrees or beautiful blog posts full of insight but shocking performance numbers.

There is nowhere to hide :cool:

#15     Nov 14, 2012
  6. mickson

mickson

Certainly only the money RAPA brings to the party.

#16     Nov 14, 2012
  7. minmike

minmike

After reviewing your site, a couple more questions.

Are you downloading positions or just P&L?

Can the trader change the update procedure to monthly only?

What is the calculation of the score? How could I improve my score if I don't know the methodology?

Thanks

#17     Nov 14, 2012
  8. mickson

mickson

We are downloading trades, current positions, PNL, cash movements, etc.... If nothing else you are getting a really cool PNL reporting tool. RAPA stands for risk and profit analyser.

Just to begin with we haven't imposed our strict daily update rule, which we want to do for you via IB admin rights.

I feel it is very annoying when you are "competing" to not be able to compare yourself to the community on an updated basis. Because we are reflecting daily performance as well we want the updates to be regular. You can download a free Excel dashboard on RAPA dashboard if you just want some reporting features.

More and more of the large hedge fund databases are offering daily indices now as well. We are a team of mathematicians so we hope in time to provide some very deep analytical reports that will benefit the whole community with our statistical insights.

#18     Nov 14, 2012
  9. mickson

mickson

Thanks for giving it a try, I find it fun and damn scary :)

#19     Nov 14, 2012
  10. 2rosy

2rosy

actually, i just saw this on your site "Members will need to provide RAPA with IB administration rights to ensure that member IB statements are loaded onto the RAPA platform every day at a set time."

I dont want anything to do with it. gone like donkey kong

#20     Nov 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.