Can't trade? blame yourself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Cassie

Cassie

2. maxpi

maxpi

You posted this on a site that is owned by the Bright Bros... they made $100 million in their own lifetimes by trading..

[He's going to come back and say they were lucky :)]

#22     Apr 8, 2010
  3. If they did, they made if from a lot of suckers like you who think it isn't a story of risk and luck.

#23     Apr 8, 2010
  4. #24     Apr 8, 2010
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Wow, are you defending some intellectual or political turf there or something? You're on a site, built by traders that made fortunes trading, saying the rest of us shouldn't be trading! There's a job opening for you, go stand outside a doctor's office and make people sick...

#25     Apr 8, 2010
  6. olias

olias

You're right, it is funny. So many of these people that need help seem to have the notion that everyone should be making money at this, or that we should all help each other because we can all make money together. The fact is that that most traders lose money, and most traders are gong to lose money, and that is the way the markets have to work. We can't change the game so that everyone makes money. If anyone is willing to help in the slightest way, consider yourself very fortunate. To expect that someone is going to teach you how to make money at this is ridiculous

-Oliver

#26     Apr 8, 2010
  7. Yes, and people like maxpi seem to take it personal when inconvenient facts are mentioned and suggestions for making money are made.

#27     Apr 8, 2010
  8. Hello all to all people of this elite community !

I think my first post in this forum is relevant to this thread.
    One of my friend who always speculates in doing options trading in our NSE (National Stock Exchange of India) index.

whenever the underlying index moves up 50 or 100 points in a single day, That friend of mine will speculate that "the NSE index will go down tomorrow". The next day he will buy an 'Out of money PUT option' expecting the index will go down. 90% of his attempts always ends in becoming 0. He never cares about Over-bought or Over-sold conditions, or Trend continuation patterns or any technical indicators. He dont invest his time in learning the basics, Technicals and Fundamentals before he invest his money.

Now after a huge loss, he comes and asks me , "How to make money" in the market. No matter what how you explain him, he is not ready to learn the basics. He only cares about "Get rich quick".

Now if a person likes him comes in to this forums and asks you "How to make profit" ? I would say "Go to hell".

These kind of people don't deserve the replies. Am I right ?

#28     Apr 9, 2010
  9. drcha

drcha

I surf a Yahoo options group which is much kinder than this forum--they have a moderator from hell who puts up with no guff and is very helpful to newbies. In fact, several people on there are very helpful to newbies. Yet the same newbies post the same stuff over and over again. One newbie, for over a year (geez, can I still call him a newbie after a year?), has been asking various versions of the same questions: "what is your secret? can you guys tell me how to make money with options?" Although several people, myself included, have suggested various books, web sites, and ways to practice and get started, this poster ignores all such posts, never says thank you to anyone who tried to help, and comes back a month later with the same question.

I remember so many kids like this when I was in school. They wanted to copy my homework (and yes, I did let them) but never to try to do it themselves. My guess is most of them are now pushing a mop or some such thing.

My point is, it has to do with work. Learning to trade is work. You can copy other people all you want but until you put in the time and effort for yourself, you are going to keep mopping the floor.

#29     Apr 10, 2010
  10. if a trader fails, yes, it is the trader's fault, no one should be blamed!

First, no one asks him to do trading, it is him, he who wants to do it
    second, he is doing trading, not someone else, it is him who gives money to the market

those are the facts. if he feels he is cheated or fooled or manipulated, then why let other cheat him or fool him or manipulate him? it is his will to do so.

if he is not in the market, he will not lose money.

to those losers:

" you already know your commission donation is your broker's butter and bread, if you are smart enough, then why not do it or take advantage of it
    yes, you can use broker's money to make money you can not make, why you do not do it? day trading margin power is 4times your own money, if you are right 10%, your broker contributes to you additional 30%, that will be a lot. commission is just a fraction of it, you broker must say something about your additional 30%?
    yes, your broker does not allow you to take a limited opportunity, if there are 1000 opportunities in a day, yes, you can take as many as you can, it is all yours, why you can not? or simply you do not want to take the free money!
    yes, your computer internet connection goes abnormally sometimes, but you can upgrade it or install a backup, you still have this choices to do? why you do not do that?
    yes, you have limited fund, and others have unlimited fund or deep pocket, you are in an unfair position, you can not hold on because of margin call, but you have choices to have option/stop loss hedging tool to avoid margin call, why not use it?
    yes, you are unskillful or inexperienced, why others are experienced and have mentor, but you have choices to learn ( tons of books or tutorials) to practice (paper trading )to gain experience and the internet (an unlimited resources to learn trading), why not do that?...
    "

all losers are the same: they do not work hard, they do not learn, they think they are born losers because others cause them.

#30     Apr 11, 2010