Can't trade? blame yourself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Trading plays very vital economic roles of price discovery and provision of liquidity but for the individual speculative trading is a losers game.

It's a mathematical fact.

#11     Mar 26, 2010
  2. TheMan

TheMan

a mathematical fact you say?

lmao

you crazy ET posters you

#12     Mar 26, 2010
  3. Yes , more specifically speculative trading is a negative sum game which requires most participants to lose.

This is not the case for hedgers and investors.

#13     Mar 26, 2010
  4. TheMan

TheMan

i am not sure what math you are using

it is funny when someone cant do something they assume that no one else can as well

i guess what i do day in and day out is just magic then

#14     Mar 27, 2010

5. 1) Well I'm not sure what reading comprehension deficits you have.

2) red herring

3) Yes you are special and therefore reality does not apply to you because you are "the MAN" :D

I'm just trying to tell you if you are functioning as a speculator probability is set against you.

Most traders lose, some struggle to break even with commissions and a small minority dominate.

#15     Mar 27, 2010
    #16     Mar 27, 2010
  7. I can't say as I've seen any reasonable request completely ignored.

I have seen threads turn into pissing matches as opinions differ.

I've also seen some good advise ignored. The "Yes thats very true but it doesn't apply to me" attitude.

Trading requires a lot of work and no one is willing to do the work.

I can't make any money doing what I'm doing but I don't want to anything different.

#17     Mar 27, 2010
  8. I heard a floor trader once say to a rookie "well if your losing money, then someone’s making money" - and by reading some of the threads hear on ET, someone is making a hell of a lot of money.

#18     Mar 27, 2010
  9. Every question deserves an answer. Maybe. My point is: Does anyone asking a one-liner question deserves to be served?

Would you like to type some explanations that require the volume of a dissertation to anybody who just comes in and asks a casual question?

e.g. Would you tell me what I need to do to make money trading stocks?

#19     Mar 27, 2010
  10. buy low,sell high

How hard is that to say?

Any more questions?

#20     Mar 27, 2010