Canslim Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by canslimer, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hello guys I open this theread for hopeless losing traders which want to start making money in the markets. For traders which are here for years and no longer know which way to go. I ve been there same as you are now. I understand how you feel and what is your emotions.

First of all I do not want waste your time so I am telling you that i never make any penny trading forex market. What is making me money is long term trend following in high growing stocks according to canslim trading strategy.

I do not want to burden you with nonsense about me, but anyway you can read it here http://canslimer.net/about .I started this web because I want to open eyes every trader who is hopeless who consistently losing money and is tired of it. I am working hard there and I hope it will be useful here for you. Enjoy it

2. Larson

Larson Guest

I haven't heard too much about O'Neil around ET, lately. The recent cluster of "distribution days" has brought it back into focus, though.

3. m22au

m22au

4. I want show you on first example what I am doing and how it all looks like.

The first stock i want to mention in our series is Ebay during the 2 years of nice bull run in years 2003-2005. This is prototype of my ideal trade. Everything on this first example is what I want to see in any of my trades. So let´s discuss it in details.

Side away price action while the general market is in downtrend and the earnings and sales of ebay is accelerating. The stock showing us relative strength during the bear market.

When the bear market ends Ebay starts to move up sharply and for months hold its 50 days (10 week) moving average. When it finally starts to correct its gains the ebay was up around 100%. It is crucial for me that stock after long term side away action make very strong first uptrend wave like you can see in Ebay chart.

The correction. After strong move I like to see a correction move to 10 weeks (50 days) moving average line. My favorite correction pattern isn´t deeper that 25% and takes minimum of 4 weeks but i find over the years that the strongest breakouts without pullbacks takes 10 weeks. 10 weeks is for me a magic number and if I see a stock which corrects for this time and starts to move to the new highs i feel money in the air. But in current example of ebay we have much longer pattern of flat base which takes 23 weeks when it finally broke up to the new highs. But look once again how tight the base is in comparison with the previous huge up move.From 30 to 25. So the deep of the base is only around 17% what is great sign.

Breakout and next rising wave. This time I´m in and making money until the growth structure remains untouched and this will happen when the stock in uptrend which is making higher highs and higher lows drop under the last higher lows like i show you in fifth point.

The exit point. Stock after our entry makes nice move but now signals us that is time to exit and take our profit. How can you know it ? The last higher low in rising structure was disturb and this stocks is not safe for us anymore. Yeah it could start rising again and make me more than 12 USD per share but also can drop like a rock. And this alternative is not “sexy“ enough for me as a trader who trades more than 10 000 shares on this stock.

Dear readers I want you to understand that you only need one stock like ebay a year to make same money as you earn in 9-5 job a year. You don´t need waste your time in day trading anymore and trying to be rich quick. Be patient and market rewards you! Imagine that you only need one trade a year to make money. Wait for your opportunity to come to you and when it is close trade it with all your strength. Simple recipe which makes me few dollars in my trading career

5. I want show you on first example what I am doing and how it all looks like.

The first stock i want to mention in our series is Ebay during the 2 years of nice bull run in years 2003-2005. This is prototype of my ideal trade. Everything on this first example is what I want to see in any of my trades. So let´s discuss it in details.

Side away price action while the general market is in downtrend and the earnings and sales of ebay is accelerating. The stock showing us relative strength during the bear market.

When the bear market ends Ebay starts to move up sharply and for months hold its 50 days (10 week) moving average. When it finally starts to correct its gains the ebay was up around 100%. It is crucial for me that stock after long term side away action make very strong first uptrend wave like you can see in Ebay chart.

The correction. After strong move I like to see a correction move to 10 weeks (50 days) moving average line. My favorite correction pattern isn´t deeper that 25% and takes minimum of 4 weeks but i find over the years that the strongest breakouts without pullbacks takes 10 weeks. 10 weeks is for me a magic number and if I see a stock which corrects for this time and starts to move to the new highs i feel money in the air. But in current example of ebay we have much longer pattern of flat base which takes 23 weeks when it finally broke up to the new highs. But look once again how tight the base is in comparison with the previous huge up move.From 30 to 25. So the deep of the base is only around 17% what is great sign.

Breakout and next rising wave. This time I´m in and making money until the growth structure remains untouched and this will happen when the stock in uptrend which is making higher highs and higher lows drop under the last higher lows like i show you in fifth point.

The exit point. Stock after our entry makes nice move but now signals us that is time to exit and take our profit. How can you know it ? The last higher low in rising structure was disturb and this stocks is not safe for us anymore. Yeah it could start rising again and make me more than 12 USD per share but also can drop like a rock. And this alternative is not “sexy“ enough for me as a trader who trades more than 10 000 shares on this stock.

Dear readers I want you to understand that you only need one stock like ebay a year to make same money as you earn in 9-5 job a year. You don´t need waste your time in day trading anymore and trying to be rich quick. Be patient and market rewards you! Imagine that you only need one trade a year to make money. Wait for your opportunity to come to you and when it is close trade it with all your strength. Simple recipe which makes me few dollars in my trading career

ORIGINAL : http://canslimer.net/articles/past-lessons/11-ebay

6. ebay

7. lassic

lassic

better watch it, William O'Neil loves to sue

8. I hope I do not do something illegal or do I ?

9. lassic

lassic

they dont like it when people mention they use the CANSLIM method or any reference to CANSLIM without paying for their way overpriced Certification Program

#10     Aug 23, 2011