Cannot log in to TWS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by helpme_please, Mar 25, 2017.

1. I am not able to log into TWS now. Yet, I was able to log in to Account Management on the Internet. Anyone face the same problem?

2. CBC

CBC

I use to use TWS a long time ago and I think I remember that you can't log-in on weekends. Reason been that nothing is trading. I'm sure som1 else will clarify.

Good on ya BTW for trying to log in on the weekend. Here on ET you will find other people with no life who just think about trading on the weekend.

Welcome brother, welcome home.

3. I am worried about my account being hacked. If I can log in to Account Management but not TWS, does that mean my account is safe?

4. CBC

CBC

OH NO SOM1 MIGHT BE HACKING / LOGGING TO YOUR ACCOUNT!!:wtf::wtf:

THATS TERRIBLE!

QUICK WHAT CAN WE DO?:caution::caution:

5. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I can log in at any time. IB nowadays does allow full login even during weekends. It's Sunday, 956am HK time which is 956pm ET. I can only repeat that most of the issues people have with TWS on this site are either self inflicted or issues on their side.

By the way, IB uses 2 tier login procedures. Hence the chance of being hacked into your account at IB is close to zero. I use the IB security app that asks me to authenticate on my mobile whenever I or anyone for that matter attempts to login into my account or TWS or the gateway.

Screenshot_2017-03-26-09-55-36.png

6. It is not a problem. It is called "regular maintenance". IB does that often on Saturday US time. The data farms which TWS uses are then not available and often is login blocked. Account Management online does not use these data farms.

7. Thanks for all the replies. I can log in to TWS in "read-only" mode now. Full log-in should be ok after regular maintenance is finished.

8. JSOP

JSOP

You should be able to log into TWS at any time of the day even during weekends except from 5:00 PM - 5:15 PM EST(EDT) when they perform the daily maintenance. At around midnight - midnight + 20 min. EST (EDT) you will also experience some slowness and disconnection or not able to log in, that's because IB's resetting its servers. Other than those times you should be able to log in no problem. If you are still not able to log in, it's just temporary just wait for about 1-2 min. and try again, you should be able to log in. If you find yourself constantly not able to log in, you might want to check your firewall to make sure it's not blocking one of the ports that IB needs.

9. JSOP

JSOP

Even during Saturday, as long as it's outside of 5:00 - 5:15 PM EST (EDT) maintenance window, you should still be able to log in. It's just that when the data farms are down, you won't get any data.

10. CBC

CBC

I was with IB about 4 years ago. So it was a while ago, I figured that the OP might be having the same problems. I would try to login on SAT to print some charts and it wouldn't let me. However sometimes it did....

Thanks for clarifying.

#10     Mar 26, 2017