Canada Best Order fill Execution Broker

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by AlexH4ll, Aug 2, 2021.

1. AlexH4ll

AlexH4ll

hi everyone i am a student from warrior trading and am living in canada (montreal) i only trade us stocks and i would really enjoy to use lightspeed for my trading platform because from what i learn, my research, my personal preference this is the platform that i want to use.

in 2021 is it possible in canada to open a margin account and use lightspeed platform?

my real question here we not talking about commission fee or pdt rule we talking about the best broker that we can use in canada for order speed execution in all circumstance like trading in very high volume.

in 2021 from what i know in canada the best (fasted buy/sell execution fill) day trading setup for momentum trading is

1. centerpoint + Das Trader
    2. interactive broker + Das Trader (from topic research i heard order not filling great with big size and high volume!)

is that true? really need help to get the best setup to have success with my trading strategy (momentum trading) in 2021 in canada!

thx a lot for any help
    really apreciate!!

2. Fain

Fain

What markets are you trading? then i can answer your question regarding execution quality. If it's US markets then IB beats the hell out of all the other discount brokerages in Canada.

jys78 likes this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

You need to be careful with this broker. This broker's parent company Precision Securities has had seven regulatory disclosures with the SEC and FINRA since 2011, the most recent one just in July of 2021 regarding money laundry. While the majority of their charges are not really fraud related but their way of dealing with customer trades and routing of them as well as how their earning of commissions is not desirable at best. https://files.brokercheck.finra.org/firm/firm_103976.pdf

But the biggest problem that I have with them is that they could completely internalize clients' trades themselves without even sending them to the market at all. At least with Robinhood, they send their trades to a broker/dealer that they do not own (according to what they claim) for payment for order flow. But Precision Securities send trades to a broker/dealer called Clear Street LLC which is 75% owned by Precision Securities to be cleared. In other words, if you become a client of Centrepoint/Precision Securities, Precision Securities through Clear Street LLC could be trading against you. https://centerpointsecurities.com/w...ayment-for-Order-Flow-and-Order-Routing-1.pdf Yes in their disclosure statement, they promise they will route to the market centre that has the best price and the best execution but the problem is 1) transparency and 2) the anonymity of the trade.

Just reporting what I have found out. If you are comfortable with this, then sure, go ahead, check them out. I will watch their execution quality and price if I were you though.

4. GotherL

GotherL

Lightspeed doesn't accept Canadians. Has always been, and will always be.

Warriortrader, I don't follow him anymore. He is only able to grow a small account into a big account from his huge following entering after him.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  5. deaddog

deaddog

As far as I know IB is the only direct access broker in Canada.

jys78 likes this.
  6. GotherL

GotherL

I am pretty sure Centerpoint and Cobra but opening an account has a high minimum.

7. deaddog

deaddog

Are these Canadian?

IB has offices in Canada.

8. GotherL

GotherL

I don't think they're primarily Canadian brokers.

The good ones are usually based in the USA but have cleared regulations to allow Canadian Accounts.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  9. Metamega

Metamega

Problem with lack of brokers in Canada is the regulators require you to have a shop setup in Canada.

IBKR Canada is what you’d want for trading.

If you were passive investing or doing longer term trades I could maybe make an argument for Questrade.

Futures I believe have a few U.S brokers that will work with you but also think it depends on your province. Something weird about how Futures fall into some Provincial regulations.

10. apo99

apo99

hello im from Mtl too, id go with IB or even Jitney trade who are direct access

#10     Aug 3, 2021
    jys78 likes this.