Can you delete an account?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ang_99, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Just wondering..

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

No.

3. nothing on the internet disappears..

marked for life.

4. Only if you're identified as a spammer within your first few message posts here at ET. That's the only time I've seen ET management delete accounts.

Mark

5. Why?

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Because many of the posts you've submitted have likely been replied to by others. So if we deleted your account and all the posts that go with it, then we'd also have to delete everyone's replies as well because they would be meaningless without your original posts to serve as context. And that wouldn't be fair to all those people who put in their own valuable time and effort crafting their replies.

7. Humm ... that pushes someone who wants her/his account to be deleted to spam the forums until admin gets bored and finally delete that maldito account.

Notice that (even) FB permits users to delete their accounts (at least, accounts become 'invisible'). Probably, because is win-win. Just a thought.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Hey I would allow users to delete their accounts too if all my site did was allow women to post pictures, meaningless daily feelings and stupid memes.

i960 and promagma like this.
  9. JamesL

JamesL

Have you seen the P&R section?

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

#10     Feb 15, 2015