Can someone help me with some Sierra Chart changes?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ron2368, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ron2368

ron2368

I would like to have the standard logic of how X and O are drawn on a Point and Figure chart changed. Its a very simple change of how reversals are done , nothing earth shaking but something I have been toying around with. Only thing I have found on the SC website was this I only know very minimal things about SC. I came across this on their website...
    >You can find the source code for our Point and Figure study in the /ACS_Source/Studies7.cpp file. The name of the function is scsf_PointAndFigureChart. This is in the folder where Sierra Chart is installed to on your computer. You can make any changes to it that you like. Please refer to this section for guidance on making source code changes.>

If someone is interested get back to me , I can send the specifics. thank you

2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I'm not clear what you are asking.

Are you looking to modify the source code, or are you asking how P&F charts are setup/created/used?

If the later, as intimated by you asking about the standard logic, there are many places on the web that explains P&F charting, the variables/parameters that affect how/when a P&F chart gets updated, and general overall usage. P&F charting IS NOT specific to SierraChart.

I have used SC for years, and am quite versed in creating custom studies and calculations within.