Can I learn swing Trading from the book "Trading for a living" by Dr. Alexander Elder?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mkay0000, Aug 8, 2020.

1. mkay0000

mkay0000

I want to start reading "Trading for a living" by Dr. Alexander Elder, but before that, I want to know is it only for Day trading or can we use it to gain knowledge about swing trading too?

And one more thing which other Swing Trading books will you recommend a beginner?

2. Dazz

Dazz

I know of no trade room that uses swing trading based on Elder. I have a master list of 2044 futures trade rooms and none use Elder.

3. mkay0000

mkay0000

Which book do you recommend?

4. maxinger

maxinger

It is not even great for day trading. Most trading books would not tell you when precisely to enter a trade.

If you read the postings in this or other forums, lots of traders don't know when precisely to enter a trade

I had burned and destroyed quite a few of my trading books

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    ironchef and mkay0000 like this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

mkay0000 likes this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You can learn a lot of great stuff from Elder -- one of the few "trading" books I recommend. But no, Elder alone will not do. Lots of screen time is a must.

7. deaddog

deaddog

KCalhoun likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Read Part 1 and Part 2 on Trading Psychology for sure. I reread that section once in a while. Also Part 9 on Risk Management is a good read. The rest are not that different from hundreds of other trading books, i.e., won't work for most of us.

mkay0000 likes this.
  9. mkay0000

mkay0000

ok Thank u