Can GOD help your trading ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Oct 26, 2008.

1. =======================
    As Joshua Lukeman says[Market Makers Edge];
    realize you could lose it all.

So if you were wise ;
    in position size,
    that helps a lot. It rhymes also.

In other words, honestly, if you cannot afford to lose that''stake is big.'', ????it was too big, bad business. So to answer your question, do you plan , on a certain amount of business exspenses?????

.God did intervene in showing me ''a trading loss is a business exspense, part of doing business'' That really helped, i used to get upset over any size loss[breakeven is a loss, also, unless God gives you free solar power, free computer.....,LoL. Never got upset in buying real estate,, another business exspense
    ===============================

So stocks have a long term upward bias;
    derivatives frequently , a firm expiry date,LOL. We are still in a bear market,QQQQ,SPY, but perhaps due for a rally.

#51     Oct 28, 2008
  2. =======================================
    Neat, thoughtful points,TraderZ;
    except there is room for ''more info'' on your first point.

a-6/7]God favors certain patterns[perhaps not exactly dramatic intervention, but similiar] ''Six days[6] shalt thou labor,and do all thy work'' So grace [gift is important];work is also.
    .Note in that Hebrew commandment its not just work 6, its a discretionary deal,''do all thy work''

Sure i know of a lazy trust baby that gets a check from the lawyer anyway; so shallow thinkers may pretend that means its ok to be lazy???????

b] I like trends, so most of time my prayers concerning stock market would be trend related,like down in this bear market;
    but i know some long only fund managers , who pray the price goes down, so they can buy it cheaper. And the long only retirement accounts, well that is ''long'' term prayer anyway,LOL.

c]Benard Baruch said something hard to believe''losses result from laziness'', perhaps not true100% all the time, but probably true more than most of us admit.

And even if [ if , i chose my words carefully]you could find something that works say 95% of the time;
    it could easily lose 7 months[more than 120 days] in a row.So, with that ultrahigh [95%], position size should be with that in mind.Newer they are, the more they tend to igniore that position wisdom.

And yes i had LORD intervene in the ES market one time;
    Rick Godwin said something ,[ TBN TV network,preprogramed announce]something like ''you dont get anything in 15 minutes , but a ticket out, stay with it..............''

:cool:

#52     Nov 3, 2008
  3. so god had time to help you with a trade but he has no time to help the 25000 people who die of starvation every day? the biggest danger of religion is what it does to the mind of the believer. you are a good case in point.

#53     Nov 3, 2008
  4. stu

stu

...but vhehn
    murray is showing us how God is all about self.
    self-satisfied, self-righteous, self-justifying, self-appointing , self conceited, self complacent.

#54     Nov 3, 2008
  5. amen

#55     Nov 3, 2008
  6. Humpy

Humpy

add self help and what more could you ask for ?

Maybe a shrine of some sort to get one into THE ZONE

on second thoughts NO photo of Old Greenie ( should have retired at the top aged 70 )

#56     Nov 3, 2008