Can GOD help your trading ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Oct 26, 2008.

1. #11     Oct 26, 2008
  2. Hate to break the news, but you are going straight to hell....:)

p.s. not that there is anything wrong with that lol

#12     Oct 26, 2008
  3. Let me chime in here.

I am a man of faith and as a main of faith, I do pray to him before I start the morning. I don't pray to him out of greed but to thank him for blessing me with what I do have and know what I do have wouldn't be possible without him.

#13     Oct 26, 2008
  4. "And most of all, I'd like to thank God Almighty, for giving everyone so much, and me so little. I hate you, I hate you, .. I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all of the bad things in life happen to you, and only you."

#14     Oct 26, 2008
  5. d08

d08

#15     Oct 26, 2008
  6. if you need God's help, then you probably better not trade.

#16     Oct 26, 2008
  7. What about mercy and grace?

Anyway, some funny posts here and believe it or not there's still hope for everyone.

Being a good trader was not something promised via the atonement, but what is promised can help you in many more ways then just trading.

#17     Oct 26, 2008
  8. "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This is actually a quote from Ben Franklin and it appeared in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In fact the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless. Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."

#18     Oct 26, 2008
  9. Stated differently, are you saying that you're soft peddling for guidance? If so, then let's hope you're praying to a god who appreciates nuance. Perhaps the people in truly desperate need who appeal to their god(s) for help but who remain unanswered are being too blunt and pedestrian in their approach. I suppose there's a simple explanation for everything, eh?

#19     Oct 26, 2008
  10. Thanks, I knew it wasn't in the bible but was unaware of the source. Ben was quite the character and way ahead of his time (not based on his above quote though)

#20     Oct 26, 2008