Can eSignal be Trusted?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by StreamlineTrade, May 3, 2006.

1. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Hi,

I have been using an e-signal product called Futuresource for a while now.

In recent months since e-Signal have taken it over, there has been a substantial decrease in the quality of service.

Basically, the product no longer works properly due to an XP Microsoft update. Technical support confirmed this and also confirmed many other users are having the same problem, but the product still has difficulty working even if the update is uninstalled. The bottom line is that this product takes 20mins to load up, and if you change any setting, the whole thing crashes, and you must spend another 20 min trying multiple times to get the thing back up.

When the product is running, there are frequent data feed crashes - typically about 2 or 3 a day.

I have had several e-mail correspondences with e-signal/futuresource about this issue, but all of a sudden they do not reply to my emails.

This includes an e-mail I sent to the billing department.

As I have had no confirmation from technical support that the problem will be fixed, or from the subscriptions department, I am going to cancel my subscription. I am worried by their non-responce though that they will not honor my request to unsubscribe and keep billing me as I have had such problems with other companies who stop responding.

Usually, when I send an e-mail to these people, I at least get an auto-confirmation to confirm receipt of my email. I do not even get these any more.

Has anyone had trouble with this company?

Thanks

ST

2. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

if it's the same team that supports esignal - good luck...and remember when u call them it's your fault...always

3. nassau

nassau

I have noticed that when the market starts to move quickly esignal data lags...
    on a normal bases it runs a few seconds behind ..at least with IB and the bid/ask quotes.

on the whole does what our traders need.

w

4. You don't even want to get me started on eSignal.

So i'll nicely say "NO WAY" to respond to your question. Just like that LIE about a mid-april release of eSignal 8.

5. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

yep esignal lagging here lately with emini's in a fast moving market - 40 pt discrepancy the other day with 2 data vendors including Esignal - IB was rock solid

6. eSucknal

7. Are you referring to the Futuresource xtra that runs inside Internet Explorer?

8. My eSignal has been horrific lately. Have been blaming it on the dial-up but now I see others have the same problem. One of these days I'm going to severe the umbilical cord and go with Tradestation....Service is just as JM has described in other threads and he was being kind IMO.

9. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Yes I am.

I understand that most data feeds are going to lag and breakdown from time to time. I also understand that 'the internet' can sometimes be to blame - something neither the trader or the data provider can control.

However, its not so much the lags, but the breakdowns/total stoppages, have increased since e-signal took over.

This isn't my issue though.

My issue is that THE APPLICATION DOESNT WORK! It keeps crashing. Technical Support are aware of this, they say they know what the problem is, but....

A/ THEY CHOSE TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT

B/ THEY DO NOT EVER RESPOND TO MY EMAILS ASKING FOR UPDATES

C/ THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS EITHER WHEN I ASK ABOUT BILLING.

The bottom line is, is that I AM VERY PISSED OFF AT THIS APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE. The only solution is clearly to get another supplier which I am in the process of sourcing.

My concern and reason for starting this thread is that I am worried e-signal will keep billing me despite canceling as I intend to do later this week. So I wanted to know if anyone has had issues with this dreadful company debiting funds that they are not entitled to.

It is clear the product is useless, I just wanted to know if they were an honorable company. I really think they should give me a discount/refund anyway for the last few months as their product has not worked.

Thanks.

ST

10. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Any one have any suggestions as to better data providers?

What is the IQ Feed like? Ensign looks good, but I will need a data feed as I don't use IB.

#10     May 4, 2006