Buying the dip...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by viruscore1, Feb 2, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

2. truetype

truetype

On big down days, everyone sees 'bad signs.'

cvds16 likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

In this market? Pfff... friggin millenials don't know what a bear is. They wouldn't know a bad sign if it hit em in the head.
    ... Campbell Soup is at a 52 week low too.
    I mean maybe its a good sign... no one is fleeing to the safe-haven stocks. I mean they can be down a little, but they shouldn't be hitting 52 week lows. Especially Procter.

BONECRUSHER, johnnyrock and comagnum like this.
  4. At a glance the fundamentals look good. Ex-dividend was 2 weeks ago. The analyst don't care for PG. I'll wait a few more weeks, maybe sell otm put expiry late march.
    20180202Quote.jpg

5. Ford is .20 cents above 52 week low. With a 5.62% annual dividend, I may go shopping...

6. R123

R123

I always buy the dip. The question is where is the bottom of the dip ?

truetype and viruscore1 like this.
  7. Next to impossible to call bottom. I leg in by selling otm puts close to 52 week low on mega caps. Assignment is ok, they eventually reverse to mean.

8. R123

R123

Agreed, the bottom hunt is the game. I at times have done the exact otm put strategy, I just make sure I do not commit all my reserves to it, as "Eventually" is sometimes a lot longer than I planned .

9. I only short otm puts on stocks i already own and would like to buy more at 52 week low.

#10     Feb 2, 2018
    DTB2 and vanzandt like this.