Buffet says usa will do fine under Trump....because of the "secret sauce"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jan 20, 2017.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Here's a guy who was against Trump and only for Clinton now saying the US will do fine under Trump....yep...do you really think he would have downplayed the Trump win, of course not.....no matter who the president was he would opt for the same opinion....do you really think Warren buffet would come out and say now that Trump has won that US economic growth would stall, fu$k no...

Warren Buffett says the US will do fine under Trump because we've got the 'secret sauce'

The "secret sauce"??? you mean the federal reserve and the free trillions they hand wallstreet anytime there is an inkling of a slowdown or threat of a recession.... Yep secret sauce alright....must be nice to print trillions anytime you're in a jam...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/20/warr...-trump-because-weve-got-the-secret-sauce.html

2. piezoe

piezoe

Yup. That could be the secret sauce alright! And that sauce comes in mighty handy when your goose is cooked. We are fortunate to still have some sauce left in the pantry.

3. It sounds like he is a fair weather friend that cozies up to anyone in charge or anyone that will benefit him. But....considering that he is one of the richest men in the world, it seems to have worked for him.

4. If Trump won't do stupid things, USA will be doing fine, but knowing Trump...

5. I absolutely agree, no matter what Federal Reserve does they can't eliminate political factor. Let's say tomorrow Trump's gonna tell that the president of Mexico is an idiot. Can you imagine the consequences? Please, don't write here that he will never do it, because we all know that he can.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

President of Mexico to lazy to care, be fine :)

When Trump and Putin have a lovers tiff, ohhh Putin you lied to me, you said you wouldn't invade Poland then you did after I pulled all our troops away, then the nukes will fly!

It'll make the next 4 years more fun, and volatility is good for day trading, not that I think he'll live that long before some sane person slots the brain dead bastard.

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think, like a lot of operating executives, he's fundamentally an optimist. It's hard to be a good investor and not believe in perpetual growth.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  8. Buffett has a lot to loss if Trump gets very angry, for one thing Trump can simply label Buffett's business as systematically risky.

9. Can you explain that a bit further?
    How is Buffett's business model any riskier than the stock market or any other mutual fund?

10. The officially name is systematically important financial institutions, which include insurance companies, asset managers and, of course, banks,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemically_important_financial_institution

#10     Jan 21, 2017