BS market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Apr 16, 2008.

1. The market is always right. Never fight it.

Yes, with the current condition, it's BS. But just look at it this way, any bad news is good news. The market factor or expect the Fed will hand out more money if anything bad happen.

#41     Apr 16, 2008
  2. No bitterness, just confused. I'm a swing trader, but I also have a deep interest in economics.

#42     Apr 16, 2008
  3. cszulc

cszulc

Fed probably won't cut at the April 29/30, market drops 400.

#43     Apr 16, 2008

4. While you are focused on negative aspect of the markets bulls are pushing big white candles up your a......

I was busy capturing 30 point Maverick Type waves on BIDU today.

You know what Maverick is dont you? Perhaps not. Have you ever taken your fat carcass out to surfing in your life ?

#44     Apr 16, 2008
  5. Understood.
    But as most professionals are well aware, one must watch HOW the market RESPONDS to the news. That is what is most important to a TRADER.

On one hand you have the UPS, FDX, WAMU, and GE's of the world.
    On the other hand you have the DO, BUCY, X, POT, INTC, and IBM's of the world.

Don't be confused by what the "alleged" economic backdrop is.
    It is a MARKET of stocks . . . not a STOCK market!
    :)

#45     Apr 16, 2008

6. Market is saying " I am going higher with or without a recession".
    You be my buddy? Go long dude.

#46     Apr 16, 2008
  7. cszulc

cszulc

I'll take all the other sides of your trades. Alright?

#47     Apr 16, 2008
  8. As I said in my last post in this thread the market traded right up to resistance today. Since that post ES has dropped 1.75 so far in the after hours. For tomorrow I would be slightly bearish coming off the resistance and a small move

#48     Apr 16, 2008
  9. cszulc

cszulc

What resistance are you using? Isn't it up at 1390 on the S&P (cash) and 12850 on the INDU?

We completed a triple top that the market (today at least) is trying to roar on back to.

#49     Apr 16, 2008
  10. 1375...

#50     Apr 16, 2008