Broker Recommendations for Coverdell accounts?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by river, Feb 15, 2017.

1. river

river

Does anyone have a broker recommendation for trading a Coverdell education savings account? Although the contribution limits are low, given enough time to compound these accounts can grow to be a significant source of funds for college. A Coverdell ESA, unlike a 529 plan, can be aggressively traded but there seems to be a lack of brokers offering accounts conducive to short-term trading.

Ideally, I’d like to find a firm offering per share pricing and offering “limited margin” (similar to what a few firms offer for IRAs) to avoid T+3 settlement issues with short term stock trading. Thus far, I have only found “cash account” options with per trade pricing. For those of you who actively trade a Coverdell account, which broker would you recommend and why?

-river

2. MKTrader

MKTrader

I know Scottrade and TD Ameritrade have them. Not sure about limited margin, though.

3. river

river

Thanks MKTrader. Unfortunately those two, as well as every other firm I've found offering Coverdell accounts, don't offer "limited margin". There was no brokerage firm I could find that offered an account conducive to short-term trading.

-river