Broker/Data Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by FJMcC, Mar 8, 2008.

1. FJMcC

FJMcC

Gentlemen,

After doing cursory research on the web, I am glad I finally found this site.

I am a former Floor Trader (Grains) who is moving into screen trading after a lengthy hiatus from the markets.

I will be trading a relatively large retail account (150-250K) focusing on Fixed Income, Equities, and the occasional Energy/Ag position trade.

I am familiar with X-trader and Ninja trader and will probably go with one of those through Velocity.

However, I am very intrerested in trading Spot FX, but at the same time, very nervous about the current Retail Broker Market.

Basically, my question is what is considered the "standard" for a professional/serious reatil trader in this market? Which Broker is beyond reproach within the Forex community? Which data feed/analysis package, et cetera is considered the professional standard. Someplace like IB or Dukascopy or Mann for platform with a bloomberg maybe? I really just don't know. I am way out of touch and don't want to do something stupid. I feel very out of touch.

Obviously, as a former local, I am very uncomfortable with placing stops or resting orders with the counterparty to my trades.

To shorten all this, who would you send 50/100k to, and what platform/analysis software would you use?

Thanks a Lot

FJMcC

2. urep

urep

3. :wtf:

4. ssss

ssss

However, I am very intrerested in trading Spot FX, but at the same time, very nervous about the current Retail Broker Market.

Basically, my question is what is considered the "standard" for a professional/serious reatil trader in this market? Which Broker is beyond reproach within the Forex community? Which data feed/analysis package, et cetera is considered the professional standard. Someplace like IB or Dukascopy or Mann for platform with a bloomberg maybe? I really just don't know. I am way out of touch and don't want to do something stupid. I feel very out of touch.

Only one pure agent of principal(not involved i ntrading against client ,no proprietary account and no source of income from proprietary trading)- hotspotfx

But
    1. Demand 7500 $ account minimum
    2.Have only 7 ml n$ capital ,CFTC press this time scene with
    possible future minimum 20 mln $

ECN demo real time ,you can try without charge
    by hotspotfx.com or by currenex.com

But better try currency future ....
    /segregated account/

Your respectfully

5. ssss

ssss

Swiss is not regulated market for forex. Autor discussed that
    with different Swiss authority. Shares regulated through EBK .Forex not regulated ...

Caveat Emptor ! Let is buyer bewahre ...